Caitlin Clark: wNBA or NBA?

Poodletop

Georgia Tech Fan
Years ago there was a girl named Ann Meyers who played at UCLA, was the Caitlin Clark of her time. IIRC she got a tryout with an NBA team. Didn’t make it of course.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You asked a different question. No, I also don't see her being physical enough, especially for a long NBA season. Could do better in Europe?
Europe is more physical.

I say we appreciate her for the great women's player that she is. Immediately doing the 'can she play with men' thing is disrespectful imho.

Not aiming that comment at anyone in this thread. Just making a general statement.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Europe is more physical.

I've talked with other people who also know a lot more about basketball than I do who say the opposite. The context is that in Europe contact fouls are called a lot more. The stuff Burns did pushing other players back would have been a foul on one player or another.

What am I missing?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I've talked with other people who also know a lot more about basketball than I do who say the opposite. The context is that in Europe contact fouls are called a lot more. The stuff Burns did pushing other players back would have been a foul on one player or another.

What am I missing?

Scorers are protected in the nba, not so in Europe.