Bracketology 2024

slugboy

Staff member
The 'Murican getting hammered on social media.

Maybe they’ll get two teams in, though

Last night’s updates

UVA and Pitt

Ralph Wiggum Danger GIF

slugboy

Staff member
Long Beach State won’t last long, but the Cinderella slipper fits for now—fired their coach, who then wins the conference

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Just caught the ending to yesterday’s MAC Championship. Brutal for that kid from Kent State.

Also, the MAC never disappoints

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Quite possibly the worst bracket the NCAA has ever produced. Catered to the SEC due to Sankey As if he GAF. The NCAA is ****ing pathetic
Absolutely. But not surprising. They short change the ACC every year. And the ACC probably has the best overall dance record like forever. Anybody got numbers to back me up?

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Quite possibly the worst bracket the NCAA has ever produced. Catered to the SEC due to Sankey As if he GAF. The NCAA is ****ing pathetic
You realize ESPN Does NOT Televise the NCAAT. Who in the ACC that didn’t make it can you make a stron case for? Maybe Pitt. No one else. GT hurt Wake as did their one and done in the NCAAT. NCST would not be in except for winning the ACCT. Virginia will have a tough time winning a play in game. UNC seems like the only ACC Tram capable of a very deep tournament run.

The ACC had a bunch of solid teams with few very good teams.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Two things I hate about March Madness.

1. Putting multiple teams from one conference in the same region. For example, this year, we have four ACC teams in two regions. Why? Why not put one each? Because everyone wants to see NC State play Duke again? Because seeing Carolina square off twice against Clemson in the regular season wasn't enough? And this was especially frustrating in the glory years when we got 8-9 bids and it was actually conceivable that there could have been an All-ACC Final Four. Sucks for your precious ratings, but if those are the best four teams...

2. Why are the #10 seeds having to play-in? Shouldn't all of the 15's have to earn their way into the main event?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Every year there's one team that has tons of talent and gets ranked high but just isn't very good so every team that beats them all of sudden gets a boost in their ranking and it continues to cascade down like a pyramid. This year's overrated team managed to also put Clemson into the tournament.

If you're a betting man, drop a mortgage on +10.5 and ML for a certain 13 seed Friday.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
How much is GT’s payout for UVA/NCST making it in? About $4 million if I’m reading the numbers right?
I believe it's 2 million in the ACC pot for every game they play except for the championship game.
Burns me up how much the SEC is getting undeserved acclaim for basketball now. So overrated. When's the last time they won or even made a final 4? Yet they keep getting crazy # of team invites. 8 this year. They had a ton of invites last year too but not a single one made the elite 8 last year but look at the money they received.

1710730501056.png
1710730501056.png