Bowling Green Post Game... šŸ˜¢

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
ā€œIf you wanna get out of a hole, put down the shovelā€

I think thereā€™s a couple shovels on GT. Not sure what to do with em. Thack has been around 5 years and the defense doesnā€™t look impressive. Defense has flashes of potential and then falls flat.

Today we had 2 picks, 1 int grounding that robbed us of a FG, a failed 4th down conv, a fumbled punt atmpt and stupid penalties.

Iā€™d say we can clean it up and turn it around, but Iā€™m not sure I have the faith in our coaches to do so given our lack of halftime adjustments every game.

This is worse than Citadel.
Some here were darn proud of our D at times last year with White, Thomas, and Ely

See what I did there?

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
This has to be one of the worst losses in program history. It is beyond me how we can follow up a double-digit road win against an ACC opponent by giving up 38 points at home to a MAC team (who lost to Ohio by 31 points last week). Thacker needs to lose his job immediately ā€” I think it's admirable how his unit performed last year, but this year's defense is the worst I've seen in college football.

Bowling Green fully deserved that one. Outclassed GT in every conceivable way.

They performed slightly less crappy a few games last year compared to his other 3 years of dumpster fire coordinating. No school that takes football seriously would have retained him.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
This has to be one of the worst losses in program history. It is beyond me how we can follow up a double-digit road win against an ACC opponent by giving up 38 points at home to a MAC team (who lost to Ohio by 31 points last week). Thacker needs to lose his job immediately ā€” I think it's admirable how his unit performed last year, but this year's defense is the worst I've seen in college football.

Bowling Green fully deserved that one. Outclassed GT in every conceivable way.
How? Because of theā€joesā€ named White Thomas, and Ely.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
until we have an offensive coordinator who can make adjustments and a defensive coordinator who can coach and teach players to hit a running back will no stop them if you don't use your arms and wrap up, we may not win again.
Key needs to think about making a change on defense I hate to fire a coach during the season but Thacker aint a defensive coordinator.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
iā€™m keeping the energy from the collins era. we need to hold coaches accountable
I mean fair, but I think just saying ā€œcoaches suckā€ isnā€™t gonna help anything. Everyone here knows they suck.

People are tired of being told it. You werenā€™t crucified for having that opinion. You were crucified for being righteous about a widely held opinion.

I want this team to be good, and I know you do too. But just repeating over and over again that the coaches suck doesnā€™t fix anything and just adds to the noise that is Georgia Techs football fandom.

techman

Georgia Tech Fan
these things happened in this game vs. Bowling Green:
1) GT offense failed to make 1 yard on 2 attempts outside the red zone
2) GT Defense allowed their QB to lumber for a 1st down on 3rd and 15
3) GT punt team snapped the ball INTO THE UP BACK'S HEAD!

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
Today sucked. Iā€™m speechless. Iā€™m usually optimistic but I canā€™t find anything good. 2024 canā€™t come soon enough.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
No matter where our program ends up, and right now it seems like the dumpheap of history, as we have switched places with Dook, I will always be appreciative that CPJ gave me and my children some awesome memories & moments with GT football. Iā€™m glad I have those memories to cherish.

I guess you never know youā€™re in the good ole days till you arenā€™t anymore