Bowl Projections & Rumors

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
What’s going on? I haven’t read all the post above, but ESPN hasn’t posted any of the ACC Bowls. It just says TBD.

Seems like something is going on.

Maybe not, but it’s strange nevertheless.
Correction, FSU, Clemson, Louisville, and NC State are listed, but no one else.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
SOS. Nuff said, y’all can cry all you want, but having the 5th toughest schedule, running through the SEC, and only losing to the #3 CFB playoff team in week 2. FSU had the 55th toughest schedule and had they lost anyone other than their superstar QB they’d be in. Their gameplay was terrible the last two games. I’m sorry no matter how you put it, the best team made into the CFB. Watch them trample Michigan and beat Texas in a rematch.
But, you see the problem, don’t you? FSU would absolutely slaughter every other team in the playoffs, no question.

Oh, you disagree? Well, that is a matter of opinion and pure speculation.

Which is why you can only go by who actually won their games. All else is a bs argument.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I guess I’ll jump back into this cluster…

I can’t believe I’m saying this but Aaron Murray had a good take on the situation.

If it’s the four most deserving teams based on performance, it’s Michigan, Washington, Texas, and FSU.

If it’s the four ‘best’ teams as defined by analytical models and perception (betting spreads), it’s Michigan, Georgia, Alabama, and Texas. Y’all may disagree but all of these teams would be favored over Washington or FSU.

The fact that they mixed and matched the two is creating confusion…
Which begs the question for the hundredth time, why did they mix and match?

Because they were trying to split the difference between precedent and not locking out the SEC. They wanted it both ways.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
You mean that SEC that had a losing record against The ACC? The SEC is a weak conference this year. Every important OCC matchup they had this year, they lost. Alabama LOST. Period. End of discussion. IF you lose and the other team doesn't lose, you don't get to play. The rest are BS excuses and apologizing for the CFP corruption. The best team is the one that wins all of their games. Alabama did not deserve to be in the CFP and by them being there, highlights the corruption in college football.
But, but, but…you fail to appreciate that all those SEC teams were highly ranked before the season. That proves that whoever won the conference was really, really good. Otherwise you totally discredit the value of preseason rankings. Come on, man.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
Which begs the question for the hundredth time, why did they mix and match?

Because they were trying to split the difference between precedent and not locking out the SEC. They wanted it both ways.

Agree. And maybe second agenda of getting unanimous support for new playoff model.

And third agenda / conspiracy is that ACC heavy selection group burned down their own since free shoes wants / tried to escape.

slugboy

Staff member

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
What?? I knew Louisville wasn’t a power on offense, because I’ve watched a ton of them this year. But I had to look it up before I replied, and they’re #30 in offensive FEI. And they weren’t even the top rated offense according to FEI in that very game.
I thought Louisville had a pretty powerful offense. 30 ain't bad, but it's not as high as I thought. Still, I think FSU's defense would severely limit any other team's offense. Alabama's offense was not that great this year.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
Doesn’t matter, it was a rivalry game they were most likely overlooking. Only W’s matter not how you get them. So you’re telling me, FSU would beat Bama right now? They just beat the back to back champs and held the #1 spot for most of season in CFB playoff polls. Alabama was a shoe in after that win and anyone who thought otherwise isn’t living in reality. The committee has it written that they can “evaluate prospective teams based on loss of key players” over other teams who are perceived the better team at the time. I don’t think anyone can argue Bama is a top #4 team after last night.
They might in a month.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
Easy to say that, but yet Milroe just beat the undisputed #1 team. FSU would get whacked honestly. That offense would maybe get 100 yards, maybe. QB threw for 55 yards against Louisville. Look man I get it, the decision was hard and I can see your points, but when you ask yourself, who are the top 4 teams right now in CFB the committee got it right. Next year will give everyone a fair shot
Sure they will, as long as they're big or sec.

Bamajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Easy to say that, but yet Milroe just beat the undisputed #1 team. FSU would get whacked honestly. That offense would maybe get 100 yards, maybe. QB threw for 55 yards against Louisville. Look man I get it, the decision was hard and I can see your points, but when you ask yourself, who are the top 4 teams right now in CFB the committee got it right. Next year will give everyone a fair shot
I don’t believe Georgia should have ever been #1 this year. In my opinion, the “committee’ had them over ranked at #1. #3 at best should have been as high as they should have been ranked. The numbers show the SEC is overrated this year.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
They might in a month.
Now Alabama is throwing “shoes” at the committee 😂
I don’t believe Georgia should have ever been #1 this year. In my opinion, the “committee’ had them over ranked at #1. #3 at best should have been as high as they should have been ranked. The numbers show the SEC is overrated this year.
Not that the SEC isn’t a good conference but the last time I saw them this overrated Sullivan was winning the Heisman trophy at Auburn. Teams like Oklahoma and Nebraska humiliated the SEC that year and all the polls proved themselves to have greatly overrated the conference. This feels like deja vu all over again.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
1701646449532.png