Bowl Projections & Rumors

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Best four got in
UGA struggled with 6-6 Tech and Alabama struggled with 6-6 Auburn just last week - took a miracle to beat them. The SEC's best win against the ACC was UK over L'ville who FSU beat by double digits behind its t-FR, 3rd string QB who had a total of 4 collegiate passes to his credit. How those two, inexplicably, can be seen as top 4 owes to one thing - The SEC Narrative. People ask why The Narrative is so important. Well, this is why.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Best four got in
This is an idiotic statement. Alabama nor Texas is better than FSU. You prove it on the field, and FSU did. Alabama lost by 10 at home and if not for the luckiest of breaks would have lost to Auburn, a 6-6 team. FSU beat 3 Top15 teams, as good as ANY of the two 1-loss teams. The SEC was a weak conference this year, essentially losing all high-level head-to-head OOC match-ups. Head-to-head, the ACC outplayed the SEC. Anyone who says either Texas or Alabama deserved to be in the Playoff or is a better team than FSU this year is an...well, I'll just stop there.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I just don't understand the committee's logic.

If winning your games matters most, then it should've been Michigan, Washington, FSU and Texas.

If not, and you can leave out an undefeated conference champ for extenuating reasons. If the goal is to get the four 'best teams'. Then leave out Michigan for cheating, FSU for injuries and Washington because the Pac12 is a joke. Make it Ohio State, Texas, Bama and GA.

Only thing I can think is the 'committee' (ie TV execs) just wanted two (soon to be) SEC teams and two (soon to be) B1G teams. But if they're going for the best matchups for TV ratings, should've been Michigan, Texas, Bama and GA.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I just don't understand the committee's logic.

If winning your games matters most, then it should've been Michigan, Washington, FSU and Texas.

If not, and you can leave out an undefeated conference champ for extenuating reasons. If the goal is to get the four 'best teams'. Then leave out Michigan for cheating, FSU for injuries and Washington because the Pac12 is a joke. Make it Ohio State, Texas, Bama and GA.

Only thing I can think is the 'committee' (ie TV execs) just wanted two (soon to be) SEC teams and two (soon to be) B1G teams. But if they're going for the best matchups for TV ratings, should've been Michigan, Texas, Bama and GA.
The problem with trying to figure out the committee's logic is that their logic isn't consistent on a team to team evaluation basis and they've shown this repeatedly over the years. Earlier this year they said Michigan was behind Ohio State because Ohio State had better wins. But then Michigan was ahead of Washington after Washington beat Oregon which at the time was the best win of any team in the country. There is no consistency other then brands usually rise to the top

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Everyone realizes, do they not, that is mathematically possible for Tech to not make a bowl now, right?

Don’t get me wrong, I fully expect Tech to get a bowl, but it would be typical Tech luck to get squeezed out now that all ACC teams have been down shifted.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Everyone realizes, do they not, that is mathematically possible for Tech to not make a bowl now, right?

Don’t get me wrong, I fully expect Tech to get a bowl, but it would be typical Tech luck to get squeezed out now that all ACC teams have been down shifted.
No it’s not, this doesn’t affect the bowl eligible teams at all, just placement. The ACC’s bowl tie ins are probably scrambling to figure out who they’re going to invite though

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Sorry but that's bull****. If we are picking the four best teams, Georgia is one of them. No matter how much we hate them.
Agree with the first sentence. Absolutely disagree with the second. The best teams are proven so on the field. uga lost to Alabama, who lost to Texas. FSU lost to no one. Washington lost to no one. Michigan lost to no one. There should have been no debate over the 4 teams in the Playoff. PERIOD!

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer

shhhhh....no one wants to listen to your common sense "malarkey"....
(albeit devastating)....