Blue. Pants.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
True, because it is pretty well established that there is a high likelihood that the Pilgrims did not eat turkey that first Thanksgiving.

When I was at Tech, none of the sports teams wore any blue. I was told that in the 60's the basketball team had a uniform with lots of blue--which people objected to.

Sometime in the 80's someone decided that since black was a UGa color, that Tech should use blue rather than black as an accent color, although black continued to be used. Therefore, when the NCAA required home football teams to wear dark jerseys and we didn't have an exception, Ross' teams wore blue jerseys at home. Earlier in the 80's under Curry our dark jersey was black.

We went to Blue as the main trim color under Fulcher in 72.

We got really involved with Blue when Cremins had so much success.

The Black came back in with his pompousness highness curry.

Much more success with Blue under Cremins & Ross than with Black under curry.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I'd like to see yellow and black horizontal stripes on pants and shirt with two yellowjacket eyes in front of the helmet and antennae on the side - in fact the whole helmet would look just like a yellowjacket's head- the whole uni as close to anatomically correct as possible to an actual yellowjacket. Just once, maybe against Alcorn State or somebody.

For the record, I'm not so much in opposition to the blue as wondering why we bust it out against the Blue Devils, of all people. But it's okay, I've learned not to care, really. Just win.

Wonder if Puke will wear their triple blue unis?

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
maxresdefault.jpg

Ok I’m an Oregon fan !!!!!!

slugboy

Staff member
This attitude toward change is why there is a general sense of apathy that surrounds the program. We are so obsessed with the tradition of our colors. We historically have not been Notre Dame or Oklahoma and our unis have always been in flux for our entire history.

Take a deep breath and realize we need to make GT football fun & exciting...not to fit what color shirts the jackets wore decades before the birth of current SAs. Holding up tradition as some sacrosanct thing only works if you have a history like Bama. As much as it pains me to say this GT doesn't even live in the same zip code as them

Notre Dame has worn some weird (to me) color combinations. I think we’re more locked to tradition than they are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
We went to Blue as the main trim color under Fulcher in 72.

We got really involved with Blue when Cremins had so much success.

The Black came back in with his pompousness highness curry.

Much more success with Blue under Cremins & Ross than with Black under curry.
Didn’t We have a blue jersey under Dodd?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Sorry old heads, but I speak for the youth and we love these. We aren’t Penn St. or Bama. I don’t get the whining like we are breaking some 80 year uniform tradition.

Not to take sides or anything, but I keep hearing this same thing, that the kids love the new uniforms. Do they really? And what is so youthfully inspiring about them? They seem kind of blasé to me, just old washed out colors. I don't get the youthful appeal. Young people are into dull colors? When I was young, I liked colors that popped. Still do.

Disclaimer - I've programmed myself not to care. I'm just saying, that's all...

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I think you are correct. Way, way back in late 40s? Before he went with mainly W & G.

Saw us play auburn at legion field and they chose white shirts. We wore the most awful piss yellow shirts with our traditional Gold hats you ever saw. :)
Here are the blue helmets,jerseys and white pants of the 1946 GT football team on this film of the 1946 GT-UGAG game