BjS- am I wrong. He has never played .. Can u say player

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
With no experience at lb he makes blockers miss and closes on tackle.
This week he made good open field tackles on runners and dump pass routes.
Caused a fumble and recovered a fumble.
Also had a pic 6.

I let the experts say I am wrong and he is too young and needs to age on the sideline .

I say let him learn.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
With no experience at lb he makes blockers miss and closes on tackle.
This week he made good open field tackles on runners and dump pass routes.
Caused a fumble and recovered a fumble.
Also had a pic 6.

I let the experts say I am wrong and he is too young and needs to age on the sideline .

I say let him learn.

Been saying it for awhile now. I thought he should’ve got the start last week. Spring is going to interesting. If he continue his trajectory into the spring/summer there is no reason he shouldn’t be the starter at MLB

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Been saying it for awhile now. I thought he should’ve got the start last week. Spring is going to interesting. If he continue his trajectory into the spring/summer there is no reason he shouldn’t be the starter at MLB
You know way more than me!
I see a big kid that can move to slip blocks.
At one point on a long yardage situation, I thought I saw him as the sole Line backer. The formation had extra do /safety type.

Ibee, could he be a player that leads Gt to new aggressive defense .
Now I am getting crazy, but saw real talent

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
You know way more than me!
I see a big kid that can move to slip blocks.
At one point on a long yardage situation, I thought I saw him as the sole Line backer. The formation had extra do /safety type.

Ibee, could he be a player that leads Gt to new aggressive defense .
Now I am getting crazy, but saw real talent

He was because they were in a dime defense. I think so

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Except one major issue with Roof, he plays favorites over talent

Dude, this is weird.

I have NO idea if the statement is true or not. I have no opinion without proof.

But Friday I ran into the parents of a player (not on D) who said the same thing.

But had ZERO to do with BJS. So do not want any implication in that regards.

Seems to me, if true, it will reveal itself in on field results. Or lack thereof.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Dude, this is weird.

I have NO idea if the statement is true or not. I have no opinion without proof.

But Friday I ran into the parents of a player (not on D) who said the same thing.

Seems to me, if true, it will reveal itself in on field results. Or lack thereof.

It’s debatable. Look at DE with KF

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I've heard from 3 different people that he does.
Who knows, it could be that these 3 just had the same opinion in 3 different conversations. Though, after hearing it more than once, it makes you wonder.
Personally from seeing who is on the field, it sure does look that way sometimes.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Except one major issue with Roof, he plays favorites over talent
I have thought this same thing but only to an extent. I think if someone is just playing awful he will play a new guy. But if a guy has been the starter and is doing decent he will play that guy over another just because he has more experience. Even if the other guy is better. I have no proof, but I have seen guys play great when on the field but then hardly play for some reason, it makes no sense to me.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I've heard from 3 different people that he does.
Who knows, it could be that these 3 just had the same opinion in 3 different conversations. Though, after hearing it more than once, it makes you wonder.
Personally from seeing who is on the field, it sure does look that way sometimes.
People close to the program/on the team or just random people?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Dude, this is weird.

If this is true and if the kids see it as well, which I think they would if true. Then they need to go and talk to CPJ.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm no insider. Have no insiders feeding me info. But I think he favors sound fundamentals over raw athleticism.

A guy I really thought was our most athletic LBer the last 2 years was Lewis. And because of that athleticism I wanted to see him play more. Posted that as well. And when he did get more pt he did make some nice athletic plays. But I also saw him make the wrong reads and take bad angles in what seemed like a lot of plays. Just my perception, I haven't gone back to break down all of his plays in replay.

But based to a large degree on that, as well as Kallon's play...it seemed to me as if he chose dependable over athletic.

I could very likely be wrong in this perception. But coaches value winning over being good buds with certain players. I think their desire to win, and secure their jobs, takes precedence.

I can see how some, friends or family members of players, might see things differently. Their evaluation of their players is not made through a coaches eyes. Heck fans often make certain players their own favorites and criticize lack of pt with no familial relation at all.

But what would be the motive to play less talented / less capable favorites?