ACC Tournament - MBB Edition

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I mean ... are folks wanting to fire the coach or something? I'm confused.
It’s ridiculous. If people can’t see the direction this thing is heading, then they are missing something. I get the frustration, but we have core guys back next year with several top tier new guys coming in. The style of play is way better and definitely more fun to watch. It’s confusing as to why we were so inconsistent, but we are heading in the right direction IMO.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
I have not read a single post that is predicting that Stoudamire will fail moving forward. What I have said is that this season was not a very good start. but apparently that is just me trying to appear to be smart.

I mean really, have ANY of you EVER seen a coach blast his own team so relentlessly for not playing hard? Even the coach himself couldn't fathom his own team, he called them "weird" at one point. Able to beat Duke and three other "Quad 1" wins but 7-13 in conference and a losing record. Super high ceiling and super low floor. That IS weird! There was some stuff to like but there was a lot of other stuff not to like.

Is that like Cremins' first year, a foundation for blast-off? We'll see.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I have not read a single post that is predicting that Stoudamire will fail moving forward. What I have said is that this season was not a very good start. but apparently that is just me trying to appear to be smart.

I mean really, have ANY of you EVER seen a coach blast his own team so relentlessly for not playing hard? Even the coach himself couldn't fathom his own team, he called them "weird" at one point. Able to beat Duke and three other "Quad 1" wins but 7-13 in conference and a losing record. Super high ceiling and super low floor. That IS weird! There was some stuff to like but there was a lot of other stuff not to like.

Is that like Cremins' first year, a foundation for blast-off? We'll see.
CDS' style of speaking is clearly different than many coaches we have been accustomed to hearing speak. I believe the players understand what he is saying and his speaking style far more than a bunch of middle age to old guy fans do.

Words don't matter. Wins and losses matter. Wins and losses will matter more each year going forward.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
When I want to appear smart, I use 'inculcating' in a sentence. Right, @Northeast Stinger ? :sneaky:

In all seriousness though, I can understand people being unfulfilled. But there has to be an ability and a willingness to see progress amidst the disappointment. Isn't that part of being a fan anyways?
episode 1 smile GIF by NBC

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Duke is the luckiest bunch of &@)#> !$&8;! EVER.
That is all.

Maybe not all…. I mean… NCST missed a dunk that would’ve iced it and gets called for hanging on the rim to boot?!? How does that happen?

CEB

Helluva Engineer
“Diora to the line. He’s shooting 65%. He has looked better than that tonight, making 2 out of 3.”
:D:D
I guess he’s right.

Looks like wolfies have it now…. Whew!

CEB

Helluva Engineer
BC wearing some Harry Potter throwbacks (perhaps rejects) tonight.
Playing well early though…

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Duke is the luckiest bunch of &@)#> !$&8;! EVER.
That is all.

Maybe not all…. I mean… NCST missed a dunk that would’ve iced it and gets called for hanging on the rim to boot?!? How does that happen?
The NCST player was a moron in that moment. Correct call. NCST tried to lose what looked to be a Shute victory. They won though.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
The NCST player was a moron in that moment. Correct call. NCST tried to lose what looked to be a Shute victory. They won though.
Oh no… don’t misunderstand me. It was 100% the right call. It was also the first time in about three decades I’ve seen technical foul for hanging on the rim! It came when the dunk would’ve made it a three possession game but instead Duke is shooting freebies to cut it to 4 points. Only Duke gets that lucky…
Although it crossed my mind in that moment that it could be the equivalent of running the football and fumbling with less than 30 seconds on the clock…

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Not ACC but Marquette v Nova finish…. Wow! They might review this until they need to tip off tomorrow.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
What happened?
Tie game and Marquette hit a game winner at the buzzer.
Replay can’t be any closer… and no great angle. Ball might have been on his finngertip as time expires.
They ended up waiving it off and playing OT.
Marquette now up 6 with 5 sec left
I think they should’ve won in regulation.

If nothing else, the play was beautiful

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
We're down to UNC, NCSU, Virginia and some Yankee school (not sure who let them in).

Love it. This is old-school ACC. David Thompson. Monty Towe. Tommy Burleson. Ralph Sampson. Terrry Holland vs. Lefty Driesell. The Dean v. Jimmy V. I could go on, but I'm sailing with the pilot, and I don't want to miss the boat.

Teachers, roll your AV carts into your classrooms, and get the rabbit ears ready.

It's Friday in the ACC tournament.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
We're down to UNC, NCSU, Virginia and some Yankee school (not sure who let them in).

Love it. This is old-school ACC. David Thompson. Monty Towe. Tommy Burleson. Ralph Sampson. Terrry Holland vs. Lefty Driesell. The Dean v. Jimmy V. I could go on, but I'm sailing with the pilot, and I don't want to miss the boat.

Teachers, roll your AV carts into your classrooms, and get the rabbit ears ready.

It's Friday in the ACC tournament.
I thought I might be the only one who had a memory of having the TV roll in with rabbit ears to watch the tourney.
Good times. (y)