ACC Tournament 2021

Deleted member 2897

This is not life. It is a college baseball game.

He’s a ****ing idiot. You can be guaranteed that he acts a fool off the field too. Don’t defend idiots.

A4E1E47E-028E-4070-AB3D-E1C689D77266.jpeg

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
I feel bad for egging @SnidelyWhiplash on.

Luke Smith has a history of going off on opponents. Most recently, his Vandy game-ending spat.

https://deadspin.com/vanderbilt-responds-to-****-you-barrage-from-louisvil-1835761261

THWG

Helluva Engineer
This game showed me how insanely deep our lineup is. From about the 7th inning on it seemed like every AB we desperately needed a runner or a hit w/ RISP and you’d expect some easy outs for a few of those ABs. And every time we kept trotting guys out that I felt reasonably confident could come through. We’ve got to be an absolute nightmare to pitch against.
I've noticed that our lineup has really clicked this year when the #5 hitter is doing well. At the start of the year Compton was in that spot and producing. When he cooled off, so did the team. Now Jenkins is raking from that spot and the team is rising again. I know the lineup is deeper than just the 5 spot, but I don't think it's a coincidence that the lineup has really produced when that spot is going.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This game showed me how insanely deep our lineup is. From about the 7th inning on it seemed like every AB we desperately needed a runner or a hit w/ RISP and you’d expect some easy outs for a few of those ABs. And every time we kept trotting guys out that I felt reasonably confident could come through. We’ve got to be an absolute nightmare to pitch against.

Agree. We won on sheer power and timely plays.

We overcame throwing 54% strikes. That is awful. But help is on the way with next years pitching class. The best we have had in a long time. (If I was at home I'd check PG since its the best I can remember.)

Great great gut check win. And we are stocked for next year with power.

Wow.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
A gutsy game by the GT baseball team. I am predicting Parada is a future MLB Hall of Fame player.

Wow! I know we had a great one in Jason Varitek who also had a great run in MLB with the Red Sox. Just curious on these 2 questions and would love to hear from people who pay more attention to baseball than I do -

1. Is JV a HoF player or even a potential candidate?
2. How would you compare these 2 players at this stage in their careers?

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Where will this game be replayed? I was watching the app yesterday for updates and didn't check again after top of the 8th. I came to this site this AM expecting to read the worst. What a surprise!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Where will this game be replayed? I was watching the app yesterday for updates and didn't check again after top of the 8th. I came to this site this AM expecting to read the worst. What a surprise!
ESPN Plus...you can select it and play it anytime from their list

Deleted member 2897

Tomorrow... we draw NC State in the semifinals. Grissom (true freshman) will be greeted to (by far) his largest stage in his short career. A good test for him.

I expect it will be pretty full (with a lot of red). NC State gets good crowd support.

What is the @Fredastrodamus prediction?

My prediction, which I am quite confident in, is that @PerpetualButthurt will spend the game being perpetually butthurt.

Deleted member 2897

So who is home team, GT or NC State? #ACCConspiracy@Bwelbo

We *should* be as higher seed?

We should be, but I won’t complain on this one as they are one of the hottest teams in the country.

But lest there be any doubt about the advantage of hitting last, we do not need to look any further than last night.