A different perspective, point to ponder.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Here s some perspective, when at tech 65, 65, 67,68 we lost to uga every time. I was there to bitter end 47-8 slaughter at athens. We will arise.
Today
I got a big thanks from coach moore for a gift I gave him
I saw flea and family hug his son 70 on the team walk up of his first start. I posted it earlier.
Seats behind bench saw 40 demand to go back in game and then refuse to come out.
Saw head coach take time to teach players little errors like he did 37 when he dropped a key pass in duke game. 37 making catches.
Saw my wife who has trouble with knees hump it up and down BDS.
We drove round trip 700 _ text one of the coaches , keep fighting and we will be back for FSU , got a text thanks ( hope I can help him by supporting recruiting.)

Final perspective, wife said as I was venting about stuff
" for sure the coaches wives are feeling this defeat worse than she is."

In summary = start helping the team and shut up about firing coaches till off season. Then really help the team

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
By way, wife showed me how to post pictures to gtswarm , will get some good team bench photos. The freshman with no chance of playing watching the jumbo tron during pizza commercials, the guys cheering team , good stuff.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Sure. Pay $10 million to replace a coach who is 2-5 with a coach who is 1-5.
Anybody who thinks Chad Morris, who has coached at Oklahoma, Clemson and now SMU, all stalwart academic institutions, the envy of their respective conferences and the country, is gonna coach at Georgia Tech, needs to get off the funny weed or sober up. That's even to assume he would do a better job, which is another argument. But predictably, the clamor for "change" starts, well, just because. I am going to follow my own advice and let things simmer for a day or so, but I do have one observation, or really, question: did anybody on this board ever, ever, think GT would lose a game on a career-long, 56 yard field goal by a college kicker? (That's 56, as in 5 and 6. Goodness, Butker has a big leg and he barely got one through last year at 53 yards.) I sure never read that anywhere. Did I miss it? So settle down. Watch some NFL if you are such a fan. Yell at your unfavorite politician or get some road rage. You know, something productive.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I want to add the following stories to this conversation. As important as football is there is another part of life that needs to be considered. We have some young men on this team that are dealing with things in their personal life that I dare say would prove challenging to normal people, not just student/athletes attending Georgia Tech.

After losing dad, coach to cancer, Tech football player plans to honor his legacy
http://www.fox5atlanta.com/sports/34038872-story

Georgia Tech's Freddie Burden fights as father awaits heart transplant
http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/...ays-for-his-dad-in-need-of-a-heart-transplant

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Buyout or no buyout, PJ isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

First, he runs a clean program.

Second, he graduates his kids.

And if you don't think those two aren't top of the list on The Hill's checklist, I don't know what to tell you.

Third, he has a track record of success. He's taken the program to three ACCCGs (one of which was by default, yes, but we got there nonetheless. How many SECCGs has Georgia been to in that same span, during a time when Florida has changed coaches multiple times, Tennessee has had four different coaches and Vanderbilt and Kentucky are still Vanderbilt and Kentucky?)

Four, he wants to beat Georgia. He may not say it publicly and he may be complimentary toward their program (I don't think he and Richt are close but there is no outright animosity, either). But dude wants to beat Georgia. Trust me.

We could be 5-2. We really should be at worst 4-3. We're not. We're also not the only program that is asking WTF just happened to its 2015 season. And it won't be easy closing this season out, either. But there's still way too much good that has happened and could happen to go turning the place over now. While nearly everyone was getting up to take their first leak of the morning, I betcha PJ was already on cup of coffee No. 2 at the office, going over tape or going over stuff with the coaches. I would say dip No. 2, but he gave up Copenhagen some years ago.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Buyout or no buyout, PJ isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

First, he runs a clean program.

Second, he graduates his kids.

And if you don't think those two aren't top of the list on The Hill's checklist, I don't know what to tell you.

Third, he has a track record of success. He's taken the program to three ACCCGs (one of which was by default, yes, but we got there nonetheless. How many SECCGs has Georgia been to in that same span, during a time when Florida has changed coaches multiple times, Tennessee has had four different coaches and Vanderbilt and Kentucky are still Vanderbilt and Kentucky?)

Four, he wants to beat Georgia. He may not say it publicly and he may be complimentary toward their program (I don't think he and Richt are close but there is no outright animosity, either). But dude wants to beat Georgia. Trust me.

We could be 5-2. We really should be at worst 4-3. We're not. We're also not the only program that is asking WTF just happened to its 2015 season. And it won't be easy closing this season out, either. But there's still way too much good that has happened and could happen to go turning the place over now. While nearly everyone was getting up to take their first leak of the morning, I betcha PJ was already on cup of coffee No. 2 at the office, going over tape or going over stuff with the coaches. I would say dip No. 2, but he gave up Copenhagen some years ago.
Good point. I feel sure the guy works his butt off for his players and their fans. I was talking with a member of the GT staff the other day, you know, CPJ pretty much has a doctorate degree in football. The rest of us are just kidding ourselves.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
As frustrating as this year has been, I simply fail to understand why anyone really believes that either our coach or our offensive scheme is the problem. Bailey was no better (and arguably worse). O'Leary was in a different era, and cannot be compared to today's restrictions.

Simply stated, it's recruiting. And our recruiting is handicapped most by the Institute itself, not by the coaches. There are many negatives for big time prospects....the entrance requirements, the academic demands once enrolled, the "ratio", the fact that you are not in the SEC (which in our neck of the woods is still the king), the fact that our stadium and fan base is MUCH smaller than may of our competitors', you all know the list....

The Institute could attack some of the problems, some are facts of life....but don't bother blaming the coaches or the scheme, my friends. Neither of those the issue...

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
So at the end of the season are you going to say wow 3-9 (we beat UVA I hope) but it is ok that the bowl streak came to an end, that our OLINE that only lost one starter and the returning OB MVP at QB and the defense with JHD eligible should have been 6-6 and to a bowl game if we just would have played weaker teams...

Sounds like you are making a case for the AAC or Sunbelt..... I say rubbish....We are being out coached, in years past VT, Miami, UGA, Clemson had CPJ number, but DUKE, UNC, and now PITT have caught up.... The question is should CPJ be allowed to try and coach the 2016 (since he won an OB last year) or do we cut ties at the end of the year??
I nominate this one for the Foolish Post of the Month award. Maybe of the year.