2024 Football Portal

slugboy

Staff member
Some of these dudes just need to know when it's time for a non-football job.
A lot of people pursue a dream longer than friends would recommend. For some of these athletes, they don’t know anything else

EDIT: Also, we’ve had some grad transfers here whose job it was to carry a clipboard and learn to coach—almost graduate assistants with shoulder pads. That could be a possibility.

Last edited:

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Why? Someone in the sport he loves wants to have him be part of their team. He clearly loves doing it. He's not hurting anyone else. He has the opportunity to continue pursuing what he enjoys. It never ceases to amaze me that people give advice to others to stop pursuing their dreams. That's a real question. I don't understand why he should be advised to stop.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
Hard disagree. We only have but one life, and when you get a chance to be wanted by a D1 football team, I don’t think you can turn that down if you still have the passion for it. And in the day when degrees are coming more and more useless, there’s a lot worse for a 21-23 year old than getting to live it up at Arizona st.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Why? Someone in the sport he loves wants to have him be part of their team. He clearly loves doing it. He's not hurting anyone else. He has the opportunity to continue pursuing what he enjoys. It never ceases to amaze me that people give advice to others to stop pursuing their dreams. That's a real question. I don't understand why he should be advised to stop.

Hard disagree. We only have but one life, and when you get a chance to be wanted by a D1 football team, I don’t think you can turn that down if you still have the passion for it. And in the day when degrees are coming more and more useless, there’s a lot worse for a 21-23 year old than getting to live it up at Arizona st.

That’s fine. I feel that a hs guy should get that shot over a 5th year guy on 3 schools.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
That’s fine. I feel that a hs guy should get that shot over a 5th year guy on 3 schools.
Now that I agree with, but that’s more on the coaching side. Although these days, you’re not guaranteed to have a freshman or a 6th year player for more than one year, so it might not be terrible to just chose experience

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Now that I agree with, but that’s more on the coaching side. Although these days, you’re not guaranteed to have a freshman or a 6th year player for more than one year, so it might not be terrible to just chose experience
He may also figure he can work on a Masters degree on someone else's dime and doing something he has a passion toward. Probably will get some NIL money using his business degree.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Not coming here, but someone might be interested in knowing that General Booty is in the portal

🎶 Today, we salute you Mr. General Booty name giver. 🎶 You stared at your new born son and thought, yes, he looks like a general. He will play football and be at the quarterback position. 🎶 Now is his name gonna be Eisenhower, Patton or Lee. 🎶 You decided to forgo them all and give him a name that every man will respect. 🎶 Possibly snicker 🎶 "But" definitely will respect! 🎶 So stand proud and wipe the tear from your eye when the whole world cheers for General Booty 🎶

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
🎶 Today, we salute you Mr. General Booty name giver. 🎶 You stared at your new born son and thought, yes, he looks like a general. He will play football and be at the quarterback position. 🎶 Now is his name gonna be Eisenhower, Patton or Lee. 🎶 You decided to forgo them all and give him a name that every man will respect. 🎶 Possibly snicker 🎶 "But" definitely will respect! 🎶 So stand proud and wipe the tear from your eye when the whole world cheers for General Booty 🎶

I found it folks. My post of the year candidate.

Humor. Nostalgia. Grains of truth. Substance. It's got it all. I salute you, TTall. I salute you...

Clap Reaction GIF

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I dunno. I tend to prefer Major Booty to General Booty. Private Booty can be nice, too.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer

Actually, I think his parents had Captain Underpants in mind when they named him.