2021 Offseason Work Out Program

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
I think this is the last week of the winter workouts.

it’s time for Spring Training now! Football content is coming our way!!!

I think this spring and summer will do wonders for Jeff and our offense as a whole. I expect a much more potent and “multiple” (actually this time) offense next year

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
RBI - our backfield is going to wear the **** out of our opponents this year. Cannot wait.

Was about to post this, we have an embarrassment of riches. That 3.5 increase in vert is huge, if you thought Smith was explosive last year... imagine now. We need 70 snaps per game to at least get 40 carries for our RBs 10 each, Gibbs, Mason, Smith and Griffin. Then 30 for passes.

Last edited:

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
As much as I love the other three...Gibbs better be getting as many carries as the other three combined.
We can get him touches in the pass game and return game as well. Don’t want our opponents keying on him every play. Im actually hoping CDP has designed some good distraction plays using Gibbs to draw defenses away and punish them, thus giving Gibbs even more room to operate on designed runs. Also I’m still a big advocate for more 2 back sets, at least a quarter of our plays.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
RBI - our backfield is going to wear the **** out of our opponents this year. Cannot wait.

I thought Dontae Smith looked DANGEROUS at times last season. He has legit breakaway speed. Only problem is we have so many good RBs that getting him carries to showcase himself is hard.

On the bright side is that depth helps guys all the RBs from wearing out throughout the season. Should be a fun group to watch this season as we'll have a much better line to run behind.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
We can get him touches in the pass game and return game as well. Don’t want our opponents keying on him every play. Im actually hoping CDP has designed some good distraction plays using Gibbs to draw defenses away and punish them, thus giving Gibbs even more room to operate on designed runs. Also I’m still a big advocate for more 2 back sets, at least a quarter of our plays.
Amen.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Also agree. This is the season for Patenaude to show he is a smart innovative guy.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I am so burnt out on all these workout photos GT keeps posting. During spring they gotta show more than photos and players flexing

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
I mean right now that’s all they’re doing. Winter workouts to WIN 21

Spring ball will be football content, with all those TD numbers and everything like last time. I’m excited for the opportunity this will give Jeff and our receivers for more reps.

I’m with you though, ready for football content. If you feel comfortable with the Covid situation, I hope you make it to the spring game and spend some money on our program to see some football content, I surely will!

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
I am so burnt out on all these workout photos GT keeps posting. During spring they gotta show more than photos and players flexing
We got a lot of this last year before Spring. Granted Covid was a factor but S&C is supposed to A) make you stronger in the 2nd half and B) help with injuries and recoveries. Last year wasn’t a great gauge of success of our S&C program, but again Covid was a factor.

All of this to say it is what it is. Hype. The hype gets hopes and expectations up. Now comes the time to deliver. Otherwise the hype gets hollow fast.

Sims is freaking ripped though.