2019 GT Official Color Debate (formerly Adidas Swag Watch 2019 **

DuckGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Why is it that so many on this site spend more time debating on the colors of uniforms and not sharing useful info on the team? I know I just recently became a fan of Georgia Tech, but when I come to the site, it seems like an elementary board when it comes to a college site. Some of you should spend more time learning and discussing football not preparing for a runway modeling show in New York. Not impressed with the knowledge on this site. Just my two cent rant

The UGAgness is strong in this one.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
He's Jordan Mason's HS coach. Who's going to be a big part of our offense this year.

At this point, we're just wasting time till fall camp, with a little baseball magic in the background. Recruiting has been a bit interesting, with this weekend being particularly important for our OL targets

I didn't see enough complexity on offense or defense to really comment on how we're going to do.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
He's Jordan Mason's HS coach. Who's going to be a big part of our offense this year.

At this point, we're just wasting time till fall camp, with a little baseball magic in the background. Recruiting has been a bit interesting, with this weekend being particularly important for our OL targets

I didn't see enough complexity on offense or defense to really comment on how we're going to do.

That doesn't explain why he came here to insult our collective football IQ based off offseason, time-killing conversation.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
New Unis:
0_main_frenchfries_alst_gettyimages-94500987.jpg

THWG

Helluva Engineer
X's and O's are pretty simple. There are 11 X's and 11 O's on the field at the same time. One O will get the football at the snap and if the 11 X's can't catch that O, you get what is called a touchdown. Score enough of them and you win the game.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Too much last day of school celebration?!?

Heh. Or not enough.

Seriously though, I'm not even one of the folks enamored with uniform but what TF are we "supposed" to be talking about during the offseason and after the Spring game? There's no "X's and O's" to break down. Should we be obsessing about who the 3rd string left tackle might be in 4 months?

We did all the "X's and O's" stuff for weeks leading up to, during, and after Spring game/practice. What's changed, from an on-field perspective, since then? Tell me?

What? The {insert football factory school here} message boards are a virtual Bill Belicheck press conference? They're having film sessions right now and that's the mark of a good fanbase?

Somebody answer me! Where'd everybody go?

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Heh. Or not enough.

Seriously though, I'm not even one of the folks enamored with uniform but what TF are we "supposed" to be talking about during the offseason and after the Spring game? There's no "X's and O's" to break down. Should we be obsessing about who the 3rd string left tackle might be in 4 months?

We did all the "X's and O's" stuff for weeks leading up to, during, and after Spring game/practice. What's changed, from an on-field perspective, since then? Tell me?

What? The {insert football factory school here} message boards are a virtual Bill Belicheck press conference? They're having film sessions right now and that's the mark of a good fanbase?

Somebody answer me! Where'd everybody go?

Yeah I’d also be very curious to see these alleged in-depth technical discussions happening on other team boards in the worst part of the offseason. I’m guessing most SEC boards are even worse than ours right now fellating themselves over their recruiting classes or talking about how this is the year they finally pass Alabama.

Man take that somewhere else. Absolutely ridiculous. My younger brother has pediatric cancer and this means a hell of a lot to us.
Although I have conceded that they are gray, which I actually like, and not blue, which I despise, a classy looking white and gold uniform designed specifically for the occasion would mean a helluva lot too. But, as I said, I do like the gray ones.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
If it helps sick kids...yes.

If a donor said "GT wear red and black and uga wear white and gold, and I'll donate $100,000,000 to childhood cancer research." count me in.

Well. Red and black? Lets not get carried away now! lol.

It can be difficult being an Atlanta United fan. By necessity, I am required to buy only their non-primary color gear. All my stuff is black and gold or grey. Word is that their secondary jersey next year will be white and gold. Some of the fans on this board should be very very happy.

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
Well. Red and black? Lets not get carried away now! lol.

It can be difficult being an Atlanta United fan. By necessity, I am required to buy only their non-primary color gear. All my stuff is black and gold or grey. Word is that their secondary jersey next year will be white and gold. Some of the fans on this board should be very very happy.

No joke. I've been holding off on buying a AU jersey because Red and Black sucks, and I would look really, really bad in Peach. The white/gold combo rumor for next year would have me getting one for sure.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Although I have conceded that they are gray, which I actually like, and not blue, which I despise, a classy looking white and gold uniform designed specifically for the occasion would mean a helluva lot too. But, as I said, I do like the gray ones.

I am genuinely curious about this comment. My understanding was that your objection to navy blue has virtually everything to do with history and tradition. "Tech's colors are white and gold, so we should only wear white and gold." But, now, you are saying you are more okay with grey than navy blue, even though navy blue is an official third color and has a very very long history with Tech.

In the end, is your objection to navy blue largely based on the fact that you just don't like the way it looks?