2018 NBA Draft/Atlanta Hawks

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
LeBron to LA has happened.

Let's collectively cross our fingers and hope CLE still keeps Love and tries to 'go for it'. ATL owns the Cavs' '19 1st round pick as long as it lands outside the top 10. (Thanks, Kyle Korver.)

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
You think LA can pull off a trade for Leonard? I’m not sure SA wants anything to do with Lonzo and I’d be hesitant to trade Kuzma if you think you can get Kawhi next year anyways. I’d ship him off to Boston if I was SA.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You think LA can pull off a trade for Leonard? I’m not sure SA wants anything to do with Lonzo and I’d be hesitant to trade Kuzma if you think you can get Kawhi next year anyways. I’d ship him off to Boston if I was SA.

If I'm SAS, I don't do it. Better deals are there from PHI or BOS with the added bonus that you get him out of conference. Sure BOS/PHI risk not being able to re-sign him but everybody said Paul George was sure to go to LAL after a year too. We see how that played out.

If I'm LAL, everybody is available to get Kawhii including Kuzma, Ingram, whoever. I just don't see SAS doing it.

jeffgt14

If I'm SAS, I don't do it. Better deals are there from PHI or BOS with the added bonus that you get him out of conference. Sure BOS/PHI risk not being able to re-sign him but everybody said Paul George was sure to go to LAL after a year too. We see how that played out.

If I'm LAL, everybody is available to get Kawhii including Kuzma, Ingram, whoever. I just don't see SAS doing it.
Kuzma would be about the only one I would want but SA probably needs more Guard help which they could get from Boston. I don't see anyone Philly could offer outside of the ones they aren't going to offer.

jeffgt14

How in the hell did the Spurs pull this off? They managed to trade a guy with no intention of playing for them, 1 year left on his contract, who is dead set on playing for the Lakers, to a team for an All-Star and a 1st Round pick. WTF Toronto?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
How in the hell did the Spurs pull this off? They managed to trade a guy with no intention of playing for them, 1 year left on his contract, who is dead set on playing for the Lakers, to a team for an All-Star and a 1st Round pick. WTF Toronto?

TOR has a pretty arrogant GM. Thinks he can convince Leonard to stay. I think he's misguided.

Also interesting from yesterday, seems ATL/OKC are discussing a Dennis-for-Melo (to be waived) trade. Now looking for a 3rd team to re-route Dennis to.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
TOR has a pretty arrogant GM. Thinks he can convince Leonard to stay. I think he's misguided.

Also interesting from yesterday, seems ATL/OKC are discussing a Dennis-for-Melo (to be waived) trade. Now looking for a 3rd team to re-route Dennis to.
Apparently Leonard has no desire to be in Toronto. Is he really going to sit out another year?