2015 Spring Depth Chart

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
2 Questions:
Does O'Reilly graduate this year?
Is Jalen Johnson still at Safety or WR? He seemed pretty athletic on tape prior to tearing his ACL.

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm pretty excited for the future. When choosing the second stringer on the Spring depth chart is difficult, thats a good thing!

If we want to make sure our O continues to stream roll again next year, move Paul Davis to BB. Hopefully CJ Leggett is better than I think he will be, but right now I think that that will be our weakest position next year.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Then Qua can run "Smelter's" reverses next year! He doesn't have the size but that doesn't matter as much in the open field.
I would like to see Qua specialize in the UGA wide screen that they have killed us with over the years. I can be easily run out of our typical formations without tipping it off. It would be a good third and long option.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I don't think his production dropped off too much this year...played well from what I have seen.

he played both ways because he is the best ATH on his team...played LB/SS on D...he played a little WR on O but mostly RB.

Here is Sr film...http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1739998/highlights/204090387

our coaches love him.

And he missed some early game(s) and the coach had to commit to other RBs in the time of his unknown status. Under the situation you would expect a production drop off for MLD at RB.

chrsw003

Jolly Good Fellow
Hope Shamire starts. Thought he had a good year for a freshman. Played basketball last week with some of the guys recently was impressed with Searcy very athletic and a good player, guessing he played in hs? and Leggett was a little smaller than I expected but built well. Guessing he is more of a traditional rb than more of the fullback types at bback we have had recently. Excited about next year think the offense is gonna be top notch again.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I'm pretty excited for the future. When choosing the second stringer on the Spring depth chart is difficult, thats a good thing!

If we want to make sure our O continues to stream roll again next year, move Paul Davis to BB. Hopefully CJ Leggett is better than I think he will be, but right now I think that that will be our weakest position next year.

I can't understand wanting someone other than a RB playing BB, and I'm not picking on you. There are plenty of others on this site throwing names around. I think Synjyn's success this year has made people think we can just throw any great athlete in there and have success. Don't forget Synjyn played every position in the backfield and had a great understanding of the offense before he got a start in his RS Sr. year. That is a really hard position and it relies on thousands of reps with your QB. While we're at it let's put Shamire at BB, no one can bring him down. I do agree the position may have trouble next year due to the reps thing, but the position won't be weak due to a loss in talent. CJ will be great, and if not you know MLD will be waiting for a chance to shine.

If we need to move people over to play BB we are in SERIOUS trouble

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
It's an embarrassment of riches, but I'm guessing that Shamire beats out Brown or Braun to start. He's just too physically talented to keep on the bench. Same with Griffith and Joe, though here I think Joe might win out. However, I also expect a lot of substitution on the OL next year.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see one of the frosh - probably Cotrell - get plenty of playing time at AB. I might also add that it may be a trifle optimistic to pencil Snoddy in as a starter at AB for spring. He broke his leg and in no uncertain terms too boot. That could take until next fall to heal. I hope it doesn't, of course, but I'm not willing to bet big money on it.

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
I can't understand wanting someone other than a RB playing BB, and I'm not picking on you. There are plenty of others on this site throwing names around. I think Synjyn's success this year has made people think we can just throw any great athlete in there and have success. Don't forget Synjyn played every position in the backfield and had a great understanding of the offense before he got a start in his RS Sr. year. That is a really hard position and it relies on thousands of reps with your QB. While we're at it let's put Shamire at BB, no one can bring him down. I do agree the position may have trouble next year due to the reps thing, but the position won't be weak due to a loss in talent. CJ will be great, and if not you know MLD will be waiting for a chance to shine.

If we need to move people over to play BB we are in SERIOUS trouble

What makes Paul Davis not a BB? His Hudl video is an excellent display of B backing. He has the skills to do it. He is an extremely talented LB, but we all know he has visible flaws as well. Maybe he has flaws as BB, actually I'm sure he does, but everything I know about the guy suggests to me he would be every bit as successful at RB as he is a LB.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
How long do you think Thomas can hold off Byerly at the QB spot? I think Byerly's our best bet at QB long term...

Sorry, flashbacks to the 2014 depth chart discussions. Carry on.
I know you are teasing, I like the joke.

But to treat it slightly serious, my perfect world scenario would be to see the defense take a huge leap and the offense progress so that the point differential would mean JT would only play through the first series of the 3rd quarter and then Byerly takes it until last drive or 2 of the 4th quarter when Jordan comes in to finish each game. That way we would get to see a lot of all three and have beaten every team by 24+ points.

seedjckt

Georgia Tech Fan
This is my projection for how the depth chart will look at the end of next Spring...these are JMO.

1st team defense

* This is in a 4-3 defense...of course the LB and DB changes when were in a 4-2-5

WDE - KeShun Freeman

SDE - Pat Gamble

2nd team defense

WDE - Kenderius Whitehead

SDE - Tyler Stargel

Why would you have Stargel in the 2 deep ahead of Chungong or Simmons? I think Merriweather should red-shirt.
Both Chungong and Simmons had more productive games late in the season than Stargel.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
@seedjckt

1. Simmons is a WDE not a SDE...a kid his size isnt going to set the edge.

2. I just think Stargel will have a good off-season and get the #2 job, not too much diffrence in the two players IMO.