TV Series Not Worth Finishing

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Dexter (downhill after the John Lithgow season)
The Walking Dead (I still just can't finish it, I've tried)
Weeds (The writers obviously moved on to cocaine)
Black Sails (At some point, everytime i try I just can't get over the hump)
House of Cards
Silicon Valley
Banshee (Following an entertaining 3rd season, the fourth was just kind of foolish. I mean the whole show is kind of foolish but still fun)

and then there is a couple of shows that didn't finish that i wish had

Altered Carbon
Magic City
Mind Hunter
American Gods

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Dexter (downhill after the John Lithgow season)
The Walking Dead (I still just can't finish it, I've tried)
Weeds (The writers obviously moved on to cocaine)
Black Sails (At some point, everytime i try I just can't get over the hump)
House of Cards
Silicon Valley
Banshee (Following an entertaining 3rd season, the fourth was just kind of foolish. I mean the whole show is kind of foolish but still fun)

and then there is a couple of shows that didn't finish that i wish had

Altered Carbon
Magic City
Mind Hunter
American Gods
I forgot about House of Cards. I loved that show until I didn’t and never finished it.

Mind Hunter was great. Story of my life is I find a show I like and it’s discontinued. Same thing happened with “Get Shorty” which I would recommend to almost anyone unless they are completely against seeing any violence. Great ensemble cast with some amazing performances.

But, yeah, the list of shows I couldn’t finish gets longer and longer.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I forgot about House of Cards. I loved that show until I didn’t and never finished it.

Mind Hunter was great. Story of my life is I find a show I like and it’s discontinued. Same thing happened with “Get Shorty” which I would recommend to almost anyone unless they are completely against seeing any violence. Great ensemble cast with some amazing performances.

But, yeah, the list of shows I couldn’t finish gets longer and longer.
I mean Kevin Spacey was the show. While Robin Wright-Penn is a tremendous actress, nobody watched the show for Claire. They made her President during the #MeToo, empowering women stint and then proceeded to turn Claire into a hormone raging pregnant mob boss which seemed...counterproductive.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I mean Kevin Spacey was the show. While Robin Wright-Penn is a tremendous actress, nobody watched the show for Claire. They made her President during the #MeToo, empowering women stint and then proceeded to turn Claire into a hormone raging pregnant mob boss which seemed...counterproductive.
I stopped watching the episode where she walked out on him in the middle of the campaign. I never saw her become President nor do I wish to.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. Dexter indeed fell off the cliff as well.
Black Sails, I can honestly say I enjoyed it thru the end.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
So, my wife watched the new Battlestar Galactica on binge around 2011 while I was traveling extensively for work. I never watched it, but my wife was adamant that it was great TV. Well, I finally decided to start watching it a few weeks ago and I could barely get through season 1, as it was so bad. I tried to push through because she told me she loved the series. In the first episode on season 2, she turns to me and says, "you can turn this off. I am not sure what I was thinking, but this show is not good, at all." Perhaps another topic should be shows that do not hold up over time.

Brock_Cocksure

Georgia Tech Fan
Sharp Objects drags out; one or two episodes too long. But the last episode pays off. You have to watch all of it including credits.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I stopped watching the episode where she walked out on him in the middle of the campaign. I never saw her become President nor do I wish to.
I left after the episode where they became running mates, I believe. It jumped so many sharks I just couldn’t keep up. Never went back to it and never missed it.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Sharp Objects drags out; one or two episodes too long. But the last episode pays off. You have to watch all of it including credits.
Too late. I think I watched 5 episodes and they easily could have been told in 1 1/2 episodes. Glad you enjoyed it but series that spin their wheels like that annoy me so much I have to quit.

Motzart in the Jungle effected me the same way. Started out great and had some of the highest production values and acting of any series I’ve ever watched. Loved it until I didn’t. Same problem of spinning wheels, going in circles and not getting anywhere which happened in the second season.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This thread has taken a decidedly happy turn contra to instructions.

I found “Sugar” a pleasant way to pass the time. Best to watch without looking at reviews and learning spoilers. Think old fashioned gum shoe with a hidden past.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
This thread has taken a decidedly happy turn contra to instructions.

I found “Sugar” a pleasant way to pass the time. Best to watch without looking at reviews and learning spoilers. Think old fashioned gum shoe with a hidden past.

Just finished this .. wait, am I in compliance with the thread theme?

Agree with your recommendation, don't read the reviews or you'll spoil... things.

To try and re-rail tho, I imagine I'll end up liking season 1's deal more than the presumptive season 2's.