GT-FSU 12pm ET Kickoff.

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Just unlucky scheduling. Definitely can't be primetime, since a 7:00 start would be a midnight start in Dublin. Maybe we could've been an afternoon game, but ESPN's other week 0 games are in Nevada, New Mexico, Hawaii which can't take place earlier than 3:30.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Earlier the better, imo. Going to be a long flight home. Then play GSU. Then fly to Syracuse for the following week, a team that will have traveled a total of 0 miles to that point in their season.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
Well I’m going to complain now. I thought we were going to get screwed worse with times, so I signed my mother and I for a Jameson experience that night. But other than that, I am looking forward to getting to experience a full Dublin pregame

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Wasn't the 2016 game like an 8AM EST kickoff time?

Edit: actually it was 7:30AM EST
1715701805905.png

GTBandman

Jolly Good Fellow
Isn't ESPN gameday going to be there? Kick at noon as soon as the morning (ET) broadcast is over. I would have been really surprised if it was any other time. Sure was not going to be while the talking heads were at it on site.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The earliest I was ever drunk….
Not really for me. If I was drunk at 7:3O AM, many times it was a continuation of the previous evening's festivities. So, technically 12:01 AM as probably the earliest that I was ever drunk. The latest in the day I have ever been drunk is 11:59 PM. I'm never sure if 12 AM constitutes the last of today or the first of tomorrow but I am quite sure I have been drunk then too. Although it has been many moons since I have been awake after 9:30 Pm or before 5 AM (unless it was during turkey season).

My oldest son and I had many WaHo breakfasts during turkey season at 3:30 or 4 AM. I told him then there were only 3 types of people up and stirring about at that time. Those being A) drunks B) turkey hunters or C) drunk turkey hunters. It was during these father and son bonding times that my son learned to love the All Star Special.

May eternal curses rain down on a former coach who desecrated the holy name of the Waffle House and defiled the land which we hold sacred. May a curse of locusts ever plague his garden and may his defenses be liken unto those that were foisted upon us during your years of despair here. Excuse me while I go make my next gin and tonic. I am not feeling well at the moment. Gooo Jaackkeeetttts!!!!!

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
If anyone complains about the noon start, there are 2 work-arounds. 1) Record it and watch it later, or 2) go to Dublin and watch it at 5:00 pm. We’re doing the latter then taking a week-long Globus tour starting the day after the game.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
This game will tell us a lot about the growth and maturity of the program. Key has been able to get the team to play well for big matchups - and this one definitely qualifies as a big matchup. The way we show-up is, perhaps, more important than the final outcome.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Noon kickoff? Sounds great. I've always been a fan of breakfast tailgates. I'll be able to pour my first cocktail while I'm still at home in my GT jammies.