Braves Regular Season

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Bryce L-der, ladies and gentlemen. Smh
Yeah, he looks further and further from the guy we saw the first half of the year last year than a solid rotational piece. We still got some depth though getting ready to come up. Also, shout out to the Double-A pitcher who through a no-no vs Biloxi for the Mississippi Braves!

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Look on the bright side, sting. Signs of life from Acuna. Plus he's gone like 3 games without gettin picked off. :D
Definitely a plus. I keep telling myself that Chipper hit .260 a couple of seasons and was still a career .304 hitter and first ballot HOF.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Sale has now allowed 2 ER in his last 32 IP.

That’s getting it done right there.
Speaking of "done", I imagine David Fletcher is about to be done from the Braves system ..

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-mlb-investigating-david-fletcher-192551639.html

According to ESPN, the league is trying to gather evidence to corroborate the allegations that David Fletcher, who was Ohtani's teammate for six seasons from 2018-2023 and is now playing for the Gwinnett Stripers, the Atlanta Braves Triple-A affiliate, placed bets with Southern California bookmaker Matthew Bowyer.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Speaking of "done", I imagine David Fletcher is about to be done from the Braves system ..

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-mlb-investigating-david-fletcher-192551639.html
I was reading up on that and nothing except allegations have been made. It was reported that even IF Fletcher made bets, it was not on baseball which would only result in a fine. Basically, people are making connections based on people who know people. No evidence has been shown from what I have heard that connects Fletcher to betting, but MLB investigators are still expected to request law enforcement's help in trying to find evidence. Seems like a witch hunt in my opinion.

If you are playing baseball and betting on football, what's the problem? As long as you're not betting on your sport, what's the big deal? Why can't they make a little side money like the rest of us?

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Sale has now allowed 2 ER in his last 32 IP.

That’s getting it done right there.
I have a Red Sox buddy of mine who swore we were going to regret this trade as Grissom was about to break out and Sale was still breaking. I trusted AA on this and told my buddy that we didn't need Sale to be the Sale of old, just a solid rotational piece who could eat innings. Grissom couldn't play a lick of defense and was blocked by Ozzie which made him expendable. Now, Sale is the one who looks like his old self and Grissom has been injured most of this year. That buddy doesn't want to talk about this trade anymore.

By now, the GMs in baseball should know that if AA is ringing you up, he's about to sell you oceanfront property in Iowa while he gets the diamond. The dude has been putting on a masterclass in highway robbery for a while now.

Speaking of AA, I was curious to know if you guys had his chair, what moves if any would you be looking to make to work on this team?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I was reading up on that and nothing except allegations have been made. It was reported that even IF Fletcher made bets, it was not on baseball which would only result in a fine. Basically, people are making connections based on people who know people. No evidence has been shown from what I have heard that connects Fletcher to betting, but MLB investigators are still expected to request law enforcement's help in trying to find evidence. Seems like a witch hunt in my opinion.

If you are playing baseball and betting on football, what's the problem? As long as you're not betting on your sport, what's the big deal? Why can't they make a little side money like the rest of us?

Can we be honest?

This is the equivalent of the NCAA giving SW NE Utah St (Fletcher) the death penalty instead of punishing Kentucky basketball (Ohtani).

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I have a Red Sox buddy of mine who swore we were going to regret this trade as Grissom was about to break out and Sale was still breaking. I trusted AA on this and told my buddy that we didn't need Sale to be the Sale of old, just a solid rotational piece who could eat innings. Grissom couldn't play a lick of defense and was blocked by Ozzie which made him expendable. Now, Sale is the one who looks like his old self and Grissom has been injured most of this year. That buddy doesn't want to talk about this trade anymore.

By now, the GMs in baseball should know that if AA is ringing you up, he's about to sell you oceanfront property in Iowa while he gets the diamond. The dude has been putting on a masterclass in highway robbery for a while now.

Speaking of AA, I was curious to know if you guys had his chair, what moves if any would you be looking to make to work on this team?
I only disagree on one point you stated, that Grissom doesn’t “play a lick of defense.” He’s not a great defensive infielder, but he’s not a bad defensive infielder either. He’s probably pretty close to average. I do agree, his natural position is 2B, which makes him a backup in ATL. Now, if anyone can teach him LF he will become a very valuable player. He can hit the ball.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Fried with his second CG of the season and almost another Maddux. Only 104 pitches this time around. When he’s on there’s no one better.

Lookin like Cy Fried out there. Once the bats .. *cough* Acuna *cough* .. wake up, it's gonna be fun watching the Braves (again?).