2024 Football Portal

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Kids may be testing the market or using the portal to get more from GT. Of course if you are looking we are looking.

I could see a SEC or Big 10 program throw money at Lockett. Maybe Kelly and Lockett will end up at Ole Miss.

It is what it is, really. Not going to worry about it too much.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think a majority of these guys were told they did not meet the grade. We are looking for a major upgrade on defense. You could see the coaches were basically running a tryout session of the 2nd and 3rd string guys, in the spring game, so they could make a final determination if they were keepers or not. If you can't play, you can't stay and if you do stay you will get paid. Just the way it is now.

Go Jackets!

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
No need to waste anxiety on the portal between seasons.

No stress.
You are probably right. However, I choose to worry and fret only two times a year - during the season and during the offseason. Thus making the game not just a fall event but one I can suffer with and enjoy year round. Why wait until fall to start stressing? Let's live in the moment here.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
No need to waste anxiety on the portal between seasons. When early August arrives, familiarize yourself with the roster. These will be our guys for 2024. Then, it's simply Go Jackets!

No stress.
That is great. Unless, of course, August comes around and we lack enough quality depth to field a serviceable defensive line and that prevents us from having what could be a successful season. Expressing concern about the ongoing attrition of what is a weak area of our already weak defense is not being negative, panicking or having anxiety. It is completely justified.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I think a majority of these guys were told they did not meet the grade. We are looking for a major upgrade on defense. You could see the coaches were basically running a tryout session of the 2nd and 3rd string guys, in the spring game, so they could make a final determination if they were keepers or not. If you can't play, you can't stay and if you do stay you will get paid. Just the way it is now.

Go Jackets!
Welcome to the real world.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Seems like I remember Kirby calling for tryouts back a year or so, guess he got his wish. I'm guessing we end up in better shape than what I see being predicted on here.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
That is great. Unless, of course, August comes around and we lack enough quality depth to field a serviceable defensive line and that prevents us from having what could be a successful season. Expressing concern about the ongoing attrition of what is a weak area of our already weak defense is not being negative, panicking or having anxiety. It is completely justified.

Yep. It's a little different when it's your 5th/6th bodies at Rush leaving, not the 10th/11th.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
These players transferred because they can’t crack the two deep and didn’t impress in spring camp and didn’t fit the new system where we only use one rush end. Yall negative Nancy’s have little insight or don’t pay ten dollars a month to actually subscribe to the insider info on rivals
Exactly, they are gone because they weren’t good enough to play. Be glad that they aren’t taking up a scholorship and we have a chance to find someone who can contribute

L41k18

Jolly Good Fellow
You are probably right. However, I choose to worry and fret only two times a year - during the season and during the offseason. Thus making the game not just a fall event but one I can suffer with and enjoy year round. Why wait until fall to start stressing? Let's live in the moment here.

Oh I get it lol. I used to be the same way.
Get help while you still can. 🙂

L41k18

Jolly Good Fellow

How does you or I "expressing concern" change the situation one iota?
Hint - it doesn't.
Therefore, I choose not to waste any of my anxiety on it.
Each to his own.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Dang. Was excited about this guy, but we didn’t see much of him at the spring game and haven’t heard much about him out of the staff like we have other newcomers like Lightsey, Burrell, Hawes etc. Maybe he wasn’t as advertised.
Saw him on the sideline. He ate well.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Let's look at the roster:
SRJRSOFR
Sylvain YondjouenJaaymen Rochell (R)Cade Adams (R)
Kevin HarrisTy Thompson (R)Jordan Boyd
Makis ScottShymeik Jones (R)
Joshua RobinsonUche IIoh
Zeek BiggersLanden Marshall

Might not be perfect, but need younger roster spots. Forgive any errors for rushed chart, but with the two freshman that arrive this summer I think we'll be at 12 total D-line. That's average. Looking at this now, I'm more worried about 2025+.
Add Jacob Cruz to that list as a Freshman (R)