2024 Adidas SWAG watch

buzzn3

Georgia Tech Fan

1000010464.jpg

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't have the problem with Adidas that so many of you do - I actually like every single Tech thing I've bought made by Adidas.

Scratch that - almost every single thing.

Given the 50% off, last week I pulled the trigger on a pair of Alphaboosts. And having now seen them and tried them on, I have to say - kudos to their marketing team. On the website, they somehow made the photos of this god-awful shoe look like something moderately decent.

In person? My god. WTF are these things?

Unboxed today, returning them tomorrow. Hopefully someone can pick them up when they're 90% off. At least you can wear them around the house for that amount - although the cat or dog or goldfish may laugh at you.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I don't have the problem with Adidas that so many of you do - I actually like every single Tech thing I've bought made by Adidas.

Given the 50% off, last week I pulled the trigger on a pair of Alphaboosts. And having now seen them and tried them on, I have to say - kudos to their marketing team. On the website, they somehow made the photos of this god-awful shoe look like something moderately decent.

Unboxed today, returning them tomorrow. Hopefully someone can pick them up when they're 90% off. At least you can wear them around the house for that amount - although the cat or dog or goldfish may laugh at you.
Post a non-marketing photo

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck

I warned folks in my review of them earlier in the thread that they look whiter than the pictures show, have an odd looking and unpractical lacing system, and are heavier and clunkier than any shoe I would run in. I kept mine, but am not surprised that others would not.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
I warned folks in my review of them earlier in the thread that they look whiter than the pictures show, have an odd looking and unpractical lacing system, and are heavier and clunkier than any shoe I would run in. I kept mine, but am not surprised that others would not.
I got mine the other day and I think they are comfortable and don’t look that bad. They are more white than I thought tho. Gonna be hard to keep clean.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I got mine the other day and I think they are comfortable and don’t look that bad. They are more white than I thought tho. Gonna be hard to keep clean.
💯 Correct.

I picked up a pair for myself and my son , with the thought of doling them out this Christmas. I had to go look...
There is a lot bright white, but still okay. Personally though, I like the original ones better. Although the price for these were much better.

Kudos to the package design team regarding the box that Adidas shipped them in.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Here you go. IMO, it’s just an all-around odd-looking shoe.Reminds me of the ugly-*** Skechers that had the giant platform rounded sole.

Props to Adidas for the nice packaging, though. And I like the color scheme - wish I had gotten a pair of Ultraboosts, but a $200 pair of shoes just isn’t in my budget.
It looks to me like they somewhat thought about the design on the outer-facing side, then got to the inside and just said screw it. I do really hate the trend of the mega cushioned soles, they almost all look horrible.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Sucks big time. They don’t even know our colors are white and gold. So frustrating. The fact that we can’t get a Gold shirt with a white GT logo is ridiculous

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer

I tried to wear them to work and was having to try and retie them every 2 minutes. Yea they going back.