Zack Quinney (nothing bad, just observational)

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
I think the OT questions are fair. We need more guys with length / range. Under PJ, our OTs were mostly expected to release to the next level, not as much 1-on-1 base blocking on the LOS or 5-step pass protection. I could see Braun, because he’s our best OLmen, moving to RT.

nyto

Georgia Tech Fan
Just something to keep in mind: There's more to it than size alone... I think measurables are the scapegoat way too often. Look at Miami or FSU's oline play. They dominate everyone? Different sport, but Charles Barkley was the rebound king @ 6'6"...

Wreckaholic

Georgia Tech Fan
Part of the issue when comparing is that in most offenses the OTs are "bigger" than the OGs. However, in CPJ's Flexbone this is reversed and the Guards are generally bigger than the tackles. So when comparing you want to look at previous guards (Braun) and project them to OT and move the tackles inside to guard. Not 100%, but a pretty good rule.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
The oline concerns are somewhat exaggerated overall. I have been guilty as well.
It isn't just size, but footwork and hand fighting skills. Jumping off the line to hit someone or jumping to the second level to hit a LB are very different skills sets from setting a pocket. I think we have lineman who are capable, but it remains to be seen if they can transition quickly. I'm sure plenty of these guys lined up in two points stances in high school, so maybe the whole thing is overplayed.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
It isn't just size, but footwork and hand fighting skills. Jumping off the line to hit someone or jumping to the second level to hit a LB are very different skills sets from setting a pocket. I think we have lineman who are capable, but it remains to be seen if they can transition quickly. I'm sure plenty of these guys lined up in two points stances in high school, so maybe the whole thing is overplayed.

I never said easy, I’m saying somewhat exaggerated. I’m sure CPJ taught them more than dive blocks and I’m sure they’ll incorporate some of those type of blocks in the transitional offense. I think the size thing is overblown.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
In all seriousness, pass setting will be the biggest learning curve, bc we were never taught to give ground. The short sets for quick pass game shouldn’t too difficult but when we have to kick slide for the vertical passing attack will be interesting. Know how athletes love to prove people wrong i promise they will be on this in January

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Our new offense has been announced, I must’ve missed that? ;) Oh you must be referring to our new NFL style offense… I forgot about that.

In the immortal words of the Beetles:

Remember to let Coach Collins into your heart
Then you can start to make it better...