YouTube TV subscribers who used to get particular Fox RSNs now don't

GTFLETCH

Banned
Why does this matter? Well the ACC has a RSN deal through 2025 or 26... Plus if you live in the South Braves games are often split between two RSN FSS or FSSe. HULU LIVE TV just might be the "BIG" winner from this.

It turns out that even for the 19 RSNs that are now back on YouTube TV, they’re not back for all of those who used to be able to get them, as it seems the distribution of certain RSNs has been particularly cut down.

Link
https://awfulannouncing.com/local-n...NpjqWp9XfAcB5zWw-IIpXSB13BY5QiHGM-3R5U0nIxfiE

LibertyTurns

Banned
Why does this matter? Well the ACC has a RSN deal through 2025 or 26... Plus if you live in the South Braves games are often split between two RSN FSS or FSSe. HULU LIVE TV just might be the "BIG" winner from this.

It turns out that even for the 19 RSNs that are now back on YouTube TV, they’re not back for all of those who used to be able to get them, as it seems the distribution of certain RSNs has been particularly cut down.

Link
https://awfulannouncing.com/local-n...NpjqWp9XfAcB5zWw-IIpXSB13BY5QiHGM-3R5U0nIxfiE
Yes between this & the queer deal YouTube TV has with ACCN, I’m planning on cancelling. YouTube TV worked great but the only reason I purchased it was to watch sports. It now provides nothing I can’t already get elsewhere now. Yesterday I was watching Beesball on YouTube TV and suddenly I was no longer able to view it in my area. I was going to use YouTube TV as my primary platform for channels but I guess I’ll look at Hulu Live now or back to the cord.

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow

Link

This is partly false, most if not all people with Fox sports South and Fox sports SouthEast will still be getting it. It’s the other regional markets that didn’t come to an agreement with YouTube TV. Check your email if you have YouTube TV because I’m 99% sure youll still get these two networks if you got them before.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
For what it is worth I had been using youtubetv here in Houston. Switched to sling for testing and found it sucks comparatively.

The basketball games generally either cut out with the last 5 minutes or didn’t start with the game for 90% of February and Early March. Like the live stream would be going on youtubetv but not on Sling, I’d get a “your game is about to start” loading screen for upwards of 10 minutes of game clock.

Needless to say I canceled sling and emailed them about a refund. Have any of the people who used sling had similar issues? Wonder if it was a market thing. I’m not sure how they could have the issues I experienced technically, I am fairly educated on it as I helped set up ipTV for Xfinity as a consultant a few years back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTFLETCH

Banned
This is partly false, most if not all people with Fox sports South and Fox sports SouthEast will still be getting it. It’s the other regional markets that didn’t come to an agreement with YouTube TV. Check your email if you have YouTube TV because I’m 99% sure youll still get these two networks if you got them before.
1. In the article they show a tweet from a "Darren AuH2O" who states: Lost FoxSports South and Sports South here in Charleston
2. In the same article a Dwight Burke says he lives in the panhandle he lost both FSS & FSSE and Canx service
3. Matt Jones from Birmingham: "We had both fss and fsse. Now we only have fss. Braves games are split between the two networks."

Did you not read the article??????

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I didn’t read the article. So i dont care i guess. And frankly dont know when this whole deal takes affect (see first point of I don’t care)

but as of today i am a metro atlanta resident and still get fox south and southeast.

what i can say is after the initial hairpulling these deals get done and its usually in time for when it matters

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
1. In the article they show a tweet from a "Darren AuH2O" who states: Lost FoxSports South and Sports South here in Charleston
2. In the same article a Dwight Burke says he lives in the panhandle he lost both FSS & FSSE and Canx service
3. Matt Jones from Birmingham: "We had both fss and fsse. Now we only have fss. Braves games are split between the two networks."

Did you not read the article??????

I did read the article. And only saw the Charleston reference. I know i live in the metro Atlanta area and everyone i know still gets FSS and FSSE that has YTTV. While some small markets might miss out like you said above majority will keep getting the networks. I’m guessing this is also a way bigger problem for Braves country than Tech football. But i do know if i would have been hung out to dry i would have changed in the blink of an eye for the Braves alone.

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
I used to get Fox sports south/southeast & Carolinas, now I get none (in SC). I had the TV on the ACC women's tourney on FoxCarolinas, and it literally cut off right in the middle of the broadcast in the game before ours. :mad: (Tried then to get the game on ESPN3, but it was blacked out in my area.) This really sucks as I liked YTTV, but if these channels don't come back by fall, I'll be shopping around. The fox regionals carried several of the Tech games.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I used to get Fox sports south/southeast & Carolinas, now I get none (in SC). I had the TV on the ACC women's tourney on FoxCarolinas, and it literally cut off right in the middle of the broadcast in the game before ours. :mad: (Tried then to get the game on ESPN3, but it was blacked out in my area.) This really sucks as I liked YTTV, but if these channels don't come back by fall, I'll be shopping around. The fox regionals carried several of the Tech games.
I lost SportsSouth too. I was going to have my son pick up YTTV, but his buddy in Atlanta just canceled his because of the same issue.

GTFLETCH

Banned
https://www.techhive.com/article/35...-situation-a-total-mess-for-cord-cutters.html

Below are some cities where YouTube TV has dropped regional Fox Sports networks. Keep in mind that in all cases, HULU + LIVE TV continues to carry these channels for $55 per month.

• Charleston, SC: Fox Sports Carolinas, South, and Southeast dropped
  • Asheville/Greenville, NC: Fox Sports Carolinas and South dropped
  • Des Moines and Dubuque, Iowa: Fox Sports Midwest and North dropped
  • Houston and Midland, Texas: Fox Sports Southwest dropped
  • Jacksonville, Pensacola, and Tallahassee, Fla.: Fox Sports Florida and Sun dropped
  • Tampa, Fla.: Fox Sports Florida dropped
  • Indianapolis, Ind.: Fox Sports Ohio dropped
  • Lincoln and Omaha, Neb.: Fox Sports Kansas City dropped
  • Wichita, Kan: Fox Sports Kansas City dropped
  • Jackson and Tupelo, Miss: Fox Sports South and Southeast dropped
  • Louisville, Ky.: Fox Sports Ohio and South dropped
  • Columbus, Ohio: Fox Sportstime Ohio dropped
  • Toledo, Ohio: Fox Sports Ohio and Detroit dropped
  • Huntington, W.Va.: Fox Sports Ohio dropped
This is not a complete list, but a sampling that shows how YouTube TV now has major holes in its regional sports coverage throughout the United States. In addition to the examples above, YouTube TV is not carrying the YES Network in New York or Fox Sports West and Prime Ticket in the Los Angeles area. Unlike Hulu, YouTube TV also doesn’t have a deal to carry Marquee Sports Network, which will show Chicago Cubs games this year.

GTFLETCH

Banned
I think this probably has more to do with MLB/NBA sports. I find it interesting that The ACC has a RSN deal through 2026-27 and the folks in the following markets Charleston, SC, Asheville/Greenville, NC, Pensacola, and Tallahassee FLA, Louisville, Ky will have a hard time following their ACC teams as 17 FB, 43 MBB, and 36 WBB games will appear via RSN's that Youtube does not offer anymore.

It appears that Sinclair is banking on MLB/NBA fans to get Youtube to kneel to their prices. I wonder if Youtube TV can be the Comcast of Cordcutters?

GTFLETCH

Banned
For those that care, here is the FB/MBB/WBB TV listings this past season:

Georgia Tech FB games per network in 2019: Half of the FB games were on RSN.
1 FB on ABC
1 FB on ESPN/ESPN2
4 FB on ACCN/ESPNU
6 FB on RSN/CBSSN

Georgia Tech MBB games per network in 2019-20: 9 MBB games were on RSN
3 on ESPN/ESPN2
15 on ACCN/SECN/ESPNU
9 on RSN
4 on ACCNX/SECN+

Georgia Tech WBB games per network in 2019-20: 4 WBB games were on RSN.
4 on ACCN
4 on RSN
20 on ACCNX/SECN+
2 on FloHoops

Last edited:

LibertyTurns

Banned
@GTFLETCH YouTube TV f’d up. They gave me a reason to cut the cord by providing regular tv content PLUS access to sports I wouldn’t otherwise be able to watch. Their broadcast system worked well & did not fail when in use. They eradicated half the reason I subscribed, so I unsubscribed. You can argue I have 47% of what I had before & I don’t care. I used to be able to go to YouTube tv & turn on the GT game I wanted to watch. I got a “not available in your area” message. I got on chat with YouTube tv & they told me what I still had. I wanted an explanation of what I used to have that I no longer have. They kept telling me what I had & didn’t want to discuss what was removed at all. I voted with my feet. Maybe not enough people care to make a difference to them? I’d go back if they fixed it plus maybe now a commitment to do more because they broke faith with me.

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
I feel bad for the YouTube TV customers who lost these channels, because they don't fall within a specific area. I really wish we could do ala carte channels. An national ESPN and Fox Sports package with local channels & a few national Biz / News options should be avail for ~ $30/35 month.

All the other cable channels are noise and likely getting substituted by Disney+, HBO, Netflix for entertainment programming.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I feel bad for the YouTube TV customers who lost these channels, because they don't fall within a specific area. I really wish we could do ala carte channels. An national ESPN and Fox Sports package with local channels & a few national Biz / News options should be avail for ~ $30/35 month.

All the other cable channels are noise and likely getting substituted by Disney+, HBO, Netflix for entertainment programming.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I would love that option.....I need about six channels.....maybe 10 during football season. I dropped YouTubeTV like a hot potato when the local Fox Sports went away - no Lightning = no subscription.