Your uni wish has been granted

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
BIG improvement. I just wish the gold was better... current shade is too washed out and doesnt pop under the stadium lights IMHO
si_1112_large.jpg

And of course if this shade had been used.....others would have complained it was the wrong shade of gold.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Uni's were great, now if they would only sell 'replica' jerseys, not the 'cheap' simulated replica's they try to scam in the the bookstore.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
So, now that they have provided a classic throwback uni, does Russell still suck?:cigar: Any uni provider, including Russell, can do so. If UA or Nike produced a new design.....most would likely dislike it if it departed from this style and that dislike would be in relative proportion to the amount of departure.

All joking aside, Russell should be burying our guys in swag and apparently are not. We are about all they have going in big boy college football...if they really wanted to keep us they should be providing tons of warm ups, workout, and practice gear. Prior designs (and their popularity with fans) aren't a valid reason to dump em.....lack of gear provided to our players is IMO.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Uni's were great, now if they would only sell 'replica' jerseys, not the 'cheap' simulated replica's they try to scam in the the bookstore.
100% agree. The last quality jersey GT I bought was back in 2006&07. I have a gold Calvin Johnson and a Tashard Choice stitched letters and numbers jersey I purchased online from the bookstore. Everything else I've seen the last few years looks like something you'd see being sold at Wal Mart.

Joeb21

Jolly Good Fellow
CPJ said in his presser today that we are wearing the same unis as last week. Vandy is wearing gold and we are wearing white.
He also said that he receives "more emails about uniforms than running or passing"

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
CPJ said in his presser today that we are wearing the same unis as last week. Vandy is wearing gold and we are wearing white.
He also said that he receives "more emails about uniforms than running or passing"

Really.....we are supposed to wear the color the opposing team will be wearing....

That is correct... CPJ acknowledged the fact that Saturday is a gold out but we are still wearing white tops.....
I don't have any problem with that, as long as the uniforms we wear look good. We wore gold pants last Saturday didn't we? So we should be wearing them again this week. I have to admit though that I really liked the all whites with gold trim and gold helmets that we wore in Dublin. SHARP looking uniform. But in years past we were known as the "Yeller Britches", so that should be fine on Saturday, regardless of what Vandy wears.

Joeb21

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't have any problem with that, as long as the uniforms we wear look good. We wore gold pants last Saturday didn't we? So we should be wearing them again this week. I have to admit though that I really liked the all whites with gold trim and gold helmets that we wore in Dublin. SHARP looking uniform. But in years past we were known as the "Yeller Britches", so that should be fine on Saturday, regardless of what Vandy wears.
I agree. The unis we wore against Mercer looked great as well as the ones in Dublin!
CPJ said today that we will always wear white at home unless it is a special occasion.
He said he lets the captains pick what to wear but they don't have a big variety to choose from. "It's either this white jersey or this white jersey" haha

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
I was dying laughing. After that, he added: "I'm not really the fashion guy. I mean--have you looked at me lately? You're looking at my wardrobe. I put on a navy shirt everyday, with khaki pants. That's what I'd pick if they asked me. Somebody else probably needs to be the one to speak to that."

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Wait...so we're having a gold out and wearing white jerseys while the opposing team wears gold jerseys?
I think it might be due to the fact the gold out was kind of a last minute thing. The schedule handed out for the spring game doesn't have the gold out but does have the white out. I assume they sent the letter to Vandy during the summer or before asking to wear white at home and Vandy said yes and now either Vandy said no to the new letter saying we will wear gold or they didn't ask to switch back since Vandy had already agreed to let us wear white.