Your honest opionion

stech81

Helluva Engineer
When we had 4th and 1 from our 29 and did not get it what were you thinking at the moment ? My first thought was oh crap. Just want to know what Y'all thought.

As for the D that stand was the one I thought helped turn the game.

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought it was just a bad play call. Not a bad decision. Why didn't we just run a QB sneak.
It was an odd front. Guards were not covered. Would have been easy! We made it very difficult!

Reminds me of the LSU disaster today.

Ours did turn out better!!!

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
When we had 4th and 1 from our 29 and did not get it what were you thinking at the moment ? My first thought was oh crap. Just want to know what Y'all thought.

As for the D that stand was the one I thought helped turn the game.

I was not worried about the outcome of the game until we missed that fourth and one. Agree that the following D stop was a turning point in the game. CPJ said after the game that all 3 blocks at the point of attack were missed. In that crucial situation it is hard to imagine that we lost so much focus, again, at such a crucial time. "Y'all" thinks a little more "want to" is needed.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I thought that UVA better score or they were going to lose. A visiting dog has only so many chances to pull an upset and they just did not make the most of their opportunities. I sensed we would come back and big play their gimmicky defense. The middle was usually open when they would bring both of their studs up to the line.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I thought it was just a bad play call. Not a bad decision. Why didn't we just run a QB sneak.
It was an odd front. Guards were not covered. Would have been easy! We made it very difficult!

Reminds me of the LSU disaster today.

Ours did turn out better!!!

I agree. We make ourselves extremely predictable in certain situations. Bringing in a RB who has seen the field all season. But this what we've come to know n love CPJ for. Going outside the norm.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
After the Pitt wiff, CPJ said he would have called a different play. Yet we still run up the middle on 4th and short. Can we not try something else if for no other reason than to not be as predictable?

We missed all three blocks on the play, and one was a double team.

My thought was that we were not mentally in this game.
I definitely don't think we were mentally in it. It's been like that for years and years....win a game we weren't supposed to win and then come back flat as a pancake the next week. Sometimes, like today and against VT in 1990, we win, sometimes we lose. I just don't understand why players can't/don't come out ready to play (and WIN) every game.

18in32

Georgia Tech Fan
I definitely don't think we were mentally in it. It's been like that for years and years....win a game we weren't supposed to win and then come back flat as a pancake the next week. Sometimes, like today and against VT in 1990, we win, sometimes we lose. I just don't understand why players can't/don't come out ready to play (and WIN) every game.
Same reason we don't do everything we're supposed to do with equal intensity, focus and commitment?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I think it's hard for any team to get up for every game. Sometimes you just need some luck or hope the ones you don't get in it your just better and can still beat them.