Your First GT QB

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
So, I had started a thread within a thread about everyone’s first Tech game and I noticed a few Billy Lothridge mentions.

For another thread, how about your first GT QB when you started following Tech and what was your favorite memory/play/game?

all I have to say is: The Goose.
its insane that I remember him when I was so young. I grew up with Reggie and I will always have his back. He loves Tech. Of course - Calvin’s NC State catch

what say you?

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
So, I had started a thread within a thread about everyone’s first Tech game and I noticed a few Billy Lothridge mentions.

For another thread, how about your first GT QB when you started following Tech and what was your favorite memory/play/game?

its insane that I remember him when I was so young. I grew up with Reggie and I will always have his back. He loves Tech. Of course - Calvin’s NC State catch

what say you?
For me, it has to be Nesbitt stealing the ball back from fsu after roddy fumbled. A close second was him tight roping the sideline for a TD against VT in 09 during that homecoming when VT was ranked number 4.

That catch by Calvin, my goodness.

techfan#14

Jolly Good Fellow
The first for me was Joe Hamilton specially the years he beat the dwags in some amazing games. I remember going to high school the following mondays with my tech gear on just to rub it in the mass of dwags faces.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Joe Ham was my first QB as a fan; Godsey first QB when I was at a game (win at UGA actually when goose got loose).

Favorite games are when roddy ran wild in 08 at UGA, when the Calvin legend was born in Death Valley in 04, and all the way turnt up vs VT in 09

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

what say you?

Shawn. Montgomery. Jones. Supreme baller.

I remember Ball when he was a little kid running round the neighborhood while us older kids played ball. Wonder if you were one of them kids we kept shooing outta the way. :ROFLMAO:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Shawn Jones. I must have thrown thousands of passes in my parent's backyard as a kid pretending to be Jones. Probably one of the most underrated GT athletes even though he won us a National Championship. Still doesn't get the love that most other GT QBs do.

Good point. Nobody ever talks about him. The man won us a title!