Your Favorite Underrated GT player?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Eddie Lee Ivery ... still holds the single game D1 rushing record of 356 yds.

I was at that game at USAFA in the blizzard. But, alas, at least 3 or 4 other D1 rushers have broken that record. ( Giys, I believe, from vandy, ou, wisky).

But ELI was an NFL 1st round draft pick - not underrated at all. Just plain Great!

georgytech

Georgia Tech Fan
Here are a few Larry Good, Jim Stevens, Danny Myers, Jerry Priestley ( he lettered in football, basketball, & baseball ), Pepper Rodgers, Billy Lothridge ( seems he is forgotten today or not remembered very well but I think he is the only Tech player to receive Heisman votes in two different seasons, finished second to Roger Staubach one year, was it '63? & he should have won as he was a much better all around player ), Mike Kelley, Rick Strom , Todd Rampley, . And those are just the qbs.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Larry Good. Didn't see a mention, but apologize if I missed it. He played behind Kim King at QB, and also had some injuries as I recall, so he didn't play much until his senior year when he was the starter. Had a rifle arm and was also a pretty good runner. He was drafted, too, but didn't have much of a pro career.

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
Larry Good played most of 1968 on one leg....

Most notably blew out a knee IIRC vs Navy in a game otherwise notable for GT having to call the 7th string QB out of the stands at halftime in a 15-35 blowout loss that wasn't that close.

Bill Crutchfield's "Cherry Picker" formation, aside from spreading one of UGag's best defenses ever out all over the field, was designed to give Larry a bit of time to try to find John Sias, Percy Helmer, or Joel Stevenson.