Your Favorite Player that No One Talked About

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Embry Peeples. The perfect AB, imho. One of the fastest players we've had at Tech. Would have been murder in the slot.

P. J. Daniels. Wish we had him today. That rock-'em, sock-'em running style could be of real use in the O.

John Paul Foschi. Perhaps the best TE in Tech history. Played in the NFL for years after us.

Ron Rogers. Great LB. Not as fast as Brooking, but you never noticed.

Good eye on Foschi, but Ted Davis & Billy Martin both were A-A.

I would add Ed Wilder, Rick Nelson, John Lagana

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
With the post-season finally coming to an end, I thought maybe I should throw one more thread into the ring of dumb threads before Week One.

Players that didn't necessarily stand out, but were impactful to you.

My nominees: Kenny Scott, Darryl Richard, DJ Donley (or Correy Earls), Pat Clark and Rashuan Grant.

I really liked these players, but they weren't names and made specific impacts in certain games.

My three favorite "Under the Line" players were Embry Peeples, Robbie Godhigh, and Marcus Wright. Small backs who got the most out of their ability in typical Tech fashion. Also, never got in any trouble and seldom if ever mugged for the camera Cane style.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Dawan Landry and James Butler; neither got much pub here but were great and went on to be great pros. Key Fox too.

K-Mike; Mario Butler; Gary Guyton; most people also forget get Greg Gathers and how awesome he was.

On O Joe Gilbert was a big part of our success in 08 and 09. He really fit the system well and helped us transition. Clinton Lynch was really good, too bad we wasted his last two years and couldn’t get him the ball.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
How about Kelley Rhino? Never once fair caught a ball. His longest return was only 25 yards but it was from the opponent's 24 yard line and somehow still wasn't a touchdown. Death once had a near-Kelley Rhino experience.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
How about Kelley Rhino? Never once fair caught a ball. His longest return was only 25 yards but it was from the opponent's 24 yard line and somehow still wasn't a touchdown. Death once had a near-Kelley Rhino experience.

Freaky, man.

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
Kamichael hall
John smith the first 21
Mansfield wrotto
Robbie godhigh
Kenny smith

Tim Byerly, Andrew Marshall, Ryan Rodwell (Punter, rarely saw the field), Cooper Taylor (fumble), Anthony Allen, Cox brothers. Joe Anoai and Adamm Oliver.

It’s hard to avoid someone who’s at least a little heralded.

Ron Rogers having to be the second half of the “and” (always BROOKING and Rogers).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Embry Peeples. The perfect AB, imho. One of the fastest players we've had at Tech. Would have been murder in the slot.

P. J. Daniels. Wish we had him today. That rock-'em, sock-'em running style could be of real use in the O.

John Paul Foschi. Perhaps the best TE in Tech history. Played in the NFL for years after us.

Ron Rogers. Great LB. Not as fast as Brooking, but you never noticed.

These lists are why I started this thread! So great! Totally forgot about Foschi!

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Cooper Taylor with the goal line hit that caused the FSU fumble at the goal line to prevent the 13th loss in a row to the Semiholes.
Also, Reggie Ball, who EVERYONE talked about, including me. He was a QB with a linebacker mentality and the strongest arm on the team that no one else could beat out. With a good QB coach, he would not have suffered all the BS criticism he got. No one wanted to win more than Reggie.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Rashaun Grant, anyone? One of the top all-purpose backs in the nation coming out of HS.

One incredible game vs. NCState(?), but mostly unrealized potential.