Your favorite Gailey, Gailey

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
My favorite Chan Gailey moment was GT beating #16 Auburn 23-14 in Jordan Hare Stadium in 2005:cool:
That was glorious, indeed!

Mine would be the Calvin catch in the endzone at Clemson after the bad punt snap set us up at the 11 with seconds on the clock. People remember Megatron, but forget Reggie balled out that game, for reelz! TC was my favorite player from those days!

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I remember a profile of CMR and CCG that the AJC did once. When asked what each would do if they had to choose another career, CCG said "teacher", I believe. CMR said something like selling real estate. Although I don't have a lot of animosity toward CMR, I thought it was telling that one man chose a profession that requires selfless service and unenviable pay, while the other chose basically salesman.

I always liked CCG, thought he was a good man but a terribly conservative offensive coach, and hated to see him get fired, though my first choice for his replacement had always been CPJ. I thought I was dreaming when they announced the hire.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I have always believed that Gailey's biggest issue was being unable to translate NFL schemes into college schemes ( groh had the same problem) the Nix offense was audible heavy and unlike an NFL qb he didn't have a direct line to his qb to help him out, the Tenuta call a play and run it no matter what defense didn't have that problem against the run heavy I-form stuff most of the ACC was running.

Here's the crazy thing, i think the communication to the helmet needs to come to college football in general.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
My favorite = the so-fine 2003 Maryland game. We won 7 to 3. It was wonderful. We, as I said at the time, played fantastic D and, when we had it, sat on the ball like a slug. It was like watching a Tech game from the '50s. I never seen a modern Tech team play better defense then in that game.

Dates me, I know. I continue to hope we'll get back to playing D like that and continue to sit on the ball like we do these days.

Animal02

Banned
I was there, I almost picked this one, too. I wore my “Rudy was offsides “ t-shirt to Mass after game at a packed chapel in Alumni Hall. You should have seen the looks I got!
Was there too.....ND kicking a late field goal to avoid a home shut out. :rolleyes:

The only cheers from the hone crowd that day was when they announced the Appalachian State / Michigan final score

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
My favorite = the so-fine 2003 Maryland game. We won 7 to 3. It was wonderful. We, as I said at the time, played fantastic D and, when we had it, sat on the ball like a slug. It was like watching a Tech game from the '50s. I never seen a modern Tech team play better defense then in that game.

Dates me, I know. I continue to hope we'll get back to playing D like that and continue to sit on the ball like we do these days.

That was an awesome game! Serious defense from both teams

albanyjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I forget the year but Tech went down to Miami when they were rated in the top 2 or 3 in country and beat them with Tenuta's blitz's eating them alive.

Goatman93

Jolly Good Fellow
I remember a profile of CMR and CCG that the AJC did once. When asked what each would do if they had to choose another career, CCG said "teacher", I believe. CMR said something like selling real estate. Although I don't have a lot of animosity toward CMR, I thought it was telling that one man chose a profession that requires selfless service and unenviable pay, while the other chose basically salesman.

I always liked CCG, thought he was a good man but a terribly conservative offensive coach, and hated to see him get fired, though my first choice for his replacement had always been CPJ. I thought I was dreaming when they announced the hire.
He is a very good person. I have had the pleasure of getting to know him over the last few years. Class Act all the way!