Your Fave plays in Duke game?

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
In no particular order, here are the ones I immediately think of:

1) Smelter's 2nd touchdown: came back to the ball, spun and fought his way in. He gets great tough yards after the catch.

2) Jemea Thomas: tackle by shirt, nice. But I especially loved his coming out of nowhere to save a touchdown. He never takes a play off or gives up on going after the ball.

3) Godhigh: pick any you want, he was great all day, especially at converting 3rd downs it seemed.

4) Gotsis with a couple solid tackles in the middle.

5) Sims awareness that he hadn't hit the ground and continuing a run.

6) Butker: How nice was that first collegiate field goal attempt? I wish I knew what Sisson's first try was like.

What are some that stick out for you?

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
This is by far the most memorable play for me was Vad's pass to Zach at the end of the game. Great pitch and catch.

Last edited:

DWTR&B

Georgia Tech Fan
I'd like to go back and check, but the amount of real time between possessions for Duke had to be around 45 minutes. That is a long time to sit and wait for an offense.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
It is nice to see Vad lead a death march.

Personally, I am growing to enjoy games where at the end of the day the stats of any individual player are not so completely overwhelming. I kind of dig having 5 players with over 50 yards rushing and the same or similar with wr's. It seems to me that if a game shakes out that way it means that the offense is working well overall.

DWTR&B

Georgia Tech Fan
Just checked the time on my DVR. From Duke's last 3rd down in the 2nd qtr until when they ran an offensive play in the 3rd qtr was 42 minutes of real time. That a really long time to keep an offense sitting. We need something like this again on Saturday.