Your choice for Head Coach

Who is your choice for Tech's next Head Coach?

• Jamey Chadwell, Coastal Carolina

Votes: 188 36.5%
  • Tyson Helton, WKU

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • Mike Houston, ECU

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Charles Huff, Marshall

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Brent Key, Georgia Tech (IHC)

Votes: 182 35.3%
  • Sean Lewis, Kent State

• Bill O’Brien, Alabama (OC)

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • Deion Sanders, Jackson State

Votes: 64 12.4%
  • Kane Wommack, South Alabama

• Other

Votes: 50 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Who is your choice for Tech's next head coach?

This poll will allow you to change your vote as the season progresses, so vote early and vote often.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Garrett Riley and Dell McGee should be on this list.

I would be pleasantly surprised with Riley, but I don’t have a ton of faith in McGee. But he does seem to have a decent amount of support on here, and throughout the state. Either way, that’s 2 names that are more relevant to the search than some of the other guys on here. Has Kane Wommack ever been brought up before? And Sean Lewis? Holy hell Kent State is 3-6 this year. If we end up with one of those guys… sheesh

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Other- I leave it up to those that are finding out all about each candidate, i know nothing, so gun to my head, I pick CBK

CEB

Helluva Engineer
probably not a popular choice, but I went with BOB. I just feel like we need a "can't miss" guy right now. Maybe it's my pessimistic nature, but a lot of these guys feel high risk...
Key would be choice 1B, because if he is the guy, it means the next three weeks are going to be a lot of fun...

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
My pick is Chadwell, but I would be happy BOB, Dan Mullen or Bill Clark as well. Riley at TCU intrigues me, but I would like him to have some experience as a head coach first.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I voted Mike Houston based on what he has done as HC at two different schools. ECU was a disaster when he got there and has gotten them highly competitive. He won a national championship at James Madison so he can prepare his team for big games.
The only negative is that ECU is not an academically challenging school so can get some kids we probably can't consider. He can develop players because he has to recruit against UNC, NCSU, WAKE, DUKE and APP and doesn't get the top players. I haven't checked where they are in recruiting ranking but he probably is getting 2* and low 3* players who he then has to coach up.
I don't think he will be the guy but I would be okay with him as HC.
My guess is it will be O'Brien. Batt knows him and he is probably ready to leave the heat at Bama.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Who is your choice for Tech's next head coach?

This poll will allow you to change your vote as the season progresses, so vote early and vote often.
I chose "other" because I have no idea. All of them have their merits and all of them have flaws. None of them would be perfect because the "perfect" candidate would have better sense than to step into this boondoggle.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I am not sure if there might be someone not even on your list that J Batt has already prioritized to be our next HC.

But from just your list my choice would be Chadwell. And Deion wouldn't even be on my list personally.

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
I voted Key because (1) he’s the only candidate I know for sure wants the job and (2) I think he wants it badly enough that we can probably avoid doing a ridiculous-totally-one sided 7 year contract with him (like the last guy) and (3) I’ve seen enough to believe he’s solid and certainly won’t finish killing us. I think we exhausted 8 lives with G…, we can’t burn the last one on another great savior who turns out to be a bust, for reasons that in retrospect were easily predictable (again).

I was an entrepreneur and know all about risk, but imo GTAA needs to be careful in this crazy environment. I wonder if TA&M is getting their money’s worth (for example). Success in one setting often does not translate into another, and GT is a little unique.

I’ll support whoever it is, and since I’m not a big enough AA donor to have any input, just waiting and hoping like everyone else.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I feel like the only reason he is even mentioned/considered is because he once coached here.
Since coaching for us he was QBs coach and OC under Belichick working with Brady, he then took over at Penn State and won the conference and national coach of the year awards, then went to the NFL and made the playoffs 4 times in 6 years, and then took the role of OC at one of the premier programs in the country. Im sure people are considering those things as well.