You remember the time SMU hired Larry Brown...

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
You remember the time SMU hired Larry Brown...

Great post dtm, great post. It's not the water. it is what he puts in the water.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
http://www.si.com/college-basketbal...ce-allegations-ncaa-keith-frazier-larry-brown

I'm so mad @dtm1997 beat me to this. I've been waiting to post this thread since the 1st minute of the 1st day he was hired there.

He's as dirty as the day is long and every college job he's ever had (IIRC) has ended in scandal of some kind. You don't just all-of-a-sudden start pulling high-major kids to a place like SMU without coloring outside the lines. I never bought him being there for more than a coupla years.

This make me particularly mad because we have a guy who's struggling to recruit bigtime kids. Let's be honest, he's likely going to lose his job because of it (in part). Meanwhile, these are the types of guys he's up against. Hope they bring the hammer down on Brown. Hoops recruiting is a dirty game as it is. NCAA should do what it cans to get these obvious scumbags out of the game.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Slight update. Brown had his hearing last month. I hope they hammer him big time.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...ontrol--charge-from-ncaa-023341831-ncaab.html
At particular issue is the role of former SMU assistant coach Ulric Maligi and a basketball secretary in allegedly assisting Frazier with coursework. Maligi took an indefinite leave from the program in January 2015. Frazier played for the Mustangs during the 2013-14 and 2014-15 seasons before he was deemed "academically ineligible" in January 2015 and missed the rest of the season. There has been no clarification yet as to his status for the 2015-16 season, but Frazier has not left the program.

At issue with Brown is what he knew about Frazier's situation, and what he did about it. In recent case precedent, the NCAA has suspended head coaches for multiple games. Most recently, Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim was hit with a nine-game suspension that will be served in the 2015-16 season. Syracuse is appealing that decision.