You guys see this yet... Miami...

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Nothing to do with the story, but it made me wonder. Let's say these two rapists were able to make bail, but were from out-of-state. They'd obviously not be able to leave the State of Florida, but Miami just kicked them out of their home. Two 20 year-old football players probably wouldn't necessarily have the resources to support their own needs (housing, food, etc.). What would happen? My guess is they'd be considered flight risks and remanded to the custody of the State, but I'm not a lawyer. Would that be grounds enough for a judge to refuse bail? I know there are some lawyers out there, anyone?

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Are you connect with FSU somehow or the TPD?

It's no mystery to anyone that the TPD completely mishandled/bungled the Crablegs' rape investigation.

Nope. Not connected in any way. But that kind of comparison is lazy and doesn't really go past reading the headline of the two situations if you ask me.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Nope. Not connected in any way. But that kind of comparison is lazy and doesn't really go past reading the headline of the two situations if you ask me.
Actually, I did a lot of research into the TPD investigation. It was completely mishandled from the get go. They failed to follow up several leads that were hot and would have yielded valuable evidence. They failed to follow general procedure when they decided to question Winston. Basically, very poor police work. It's smells of incompetence, at least, conspiracy, at most.

Miami police actually followed basic investigative procedure. Big difference in how the two cases were handled.