You guys are letting me down

LibertyTurns

Banned
Damn, this forum is damn near dead. Is the black hole of GT football misery sucking all the life out of basketball or has our early season disappointments gotten the best of everybody?

We got the Stetson Hatters tonight. I’ll be in an internet challenged area tonight so when I emerge from the darkness am I going to be happy or shake my head again?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Well you gotta heed the call when the Lib speaks. ;)

Forum has been a wee bit dead lately but it's early. kg will be feverishly searching for a link to partake in this basket-battle.

What I hope to see is the freshmen getting going. Lights looked a little bright for them vs MOhio, which is fine. We get spoiled by all the super-freshmen that walk in with their sea legs. Our guys may take a bit to get going. Hope tonight shows sparks.

Wake up, Jackets! 'Cause Libby says so.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
I am hoping the young guns step up tonight and show what they can do. We are going to need them later in the season.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Good bounce back! Good to see the freshman get some time. Deebo has a sweet stroke. Devoe is so much more assertive this year.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
This was what I expected to see earlier this week. Good news is that we got to go deep into the bench and allow for some experience.

Still way too many turnovers, especially considering the competition.

Usher had a good game but still has room for improvement specifically with the turnovers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211112-221842.jpg
    Screenshot_20211112-221842.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 14

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
These Freshmen have the look of guys that are gonna be VERY solid, and likely will be outstanding college players that may not progress fast enough to jump to NBA - feeling like they’ll be major program guys all four years.
Jalon Moore has a presence about him on floor - only 4 mins tonight, but Pastner needs to get him time. I think he may have highest ceiling of all freshmen.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
These Freshmen have the look of guys that are gonna be VERY solid, and likely will be outstanding college players that may not progress fast enough to jump to NBA - feeling like they’ll be major program guys all four years.
Jalon Moore has a presence about him on floor - only 4 mins tonight, but Pastner needs to get him time. I think he may have highest ceiling of all freshmen.

How does the NBA draft work? Do players have to go to college or foreign league for at least a year? Then can they then get drafted anytime after that year? Age requirement?

In baseball, if players don't go straight to the MLB, they have to stay for three years or they are 21 at the end of the draft period.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I thought I’d be airborne last night but found myself stuck in Atlanta and went to the game. Nice to be back “home” for a basketball game.

You guys don’t let me down before the next game otherwise I’m calling you all out!

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
Damn, this forum is damn near dead. Is the black hole of GT football misery sucking all the life out of basketball or has our early season disappointments gotten the best of everybody?

We got the Stetson Hatters tonight. I’ll be in an internet challenged area tonight so when I emerge from the darkness am I going to be happy or shake my head again?
There's about 10 guys that have totally ruined the football forum. It's a matter of time before they leak over here too.

LibertyTurns

Banned
There's about 10 guys that have totally ruined the football forum. It's a matter of time before they leak over here too.
It won’t work like that. Everybody hated Sasquatch & his step son CBG, they have no cult following. Blewitt was notorious for clogged toilet offenses & the inability to inbound passes. You can argue that CJP should have done more by now but his style doesn‘t insult anybody’s manhood like our football team’s old offense did. Also, there’s at least 5-6 more good years of arguing the importance of beating Dook in football every year, if not more.

Not much danger of them coming over here.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
If you watch Pastner's recent pressers you will see a coach who is one relaxed guy. That nervous, frantic energy is gone. He must have said at least ten times that he likes his team and that the team is going to be good by the time the conference slate rolls around. Pastner has never been one to extend false praise to his own teams or predict success.

In game one, we saw the Alvarado hole in the last nine minutes. That was the time when Alvarado would have taken control of the team and provided the energy and clutch confidence that the entire team could feed off of. Maybe it was inevitable that the team had to take a bruising in this regard at least once as they scramble to find accountability.

If Pastner is not worried, is not making excuses and is predicting success, then I see no reason why I should worry and poison my enjoyment of the season. It looks to me like we have a lot of pieces to develop. Should be a fun ride.

I am encouraged so far by the rebounding. The big correction is the turnovers. I think Deebo sees more and more minutes and his shooting ability is a necessary compliment to what Usher brings to the table. Those two make each other better. I think having the outside shooting threats of Deebo and Devoe will prove to be a necessity on the offensive end. We'll see if Miles Kelly has the physical strength to hold up in ACC play to be a player in that wing rotation.

The talent and intensity makes me optimistic that the team will get progressively better as the year goes on. My one worry is that Pastner does not maintain the long rotation because of an "old habits die hard" kinda deal. If he doesn't play his bench, we will lose players to the portal after this year. I hope he maintains some self-discipline and plays his bench.