Yet Another Covid Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Interesting study for people who get covid. Apparently the brain damage side effect of getting Covid looks to be real and measurable.

Get your Vaccine

Deleted member 2897

Just more proof that this virus just ****ing sucks.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Interesting study for people who get covid. Apparently the brain damage side effect of getting Covid looks to be real and measurable.

Get your Vaccine

Saw that on linkedin yesterday and almost posted it here. It is depressing to think about the longterm effects of this thing. Glad to have been vacinated, and hope people take the opportunity to do so for themselves and their families.

Deleted member 2897

Saw that on linkedin yesterday and almost posted it here. It is depressing to think about the longterm effects of this thing. Glad to have been vacinated, and hope people take the opportunity to do so for themselves and their families.

That whole brain fog thing was one of the primary drives to get our 15 year old son vaccinated. I don't know if he'll go to Tech (my wife and I both did, which gives him a disadvantage :ROFLMAO:), but he's currently 10th in his high school class out of 800. We don't worry at all if he got covid that he might die...but we do worry about complications. If he lost his brain/academic edge from it, it would just devastate us.

That whole brain fog thing was one of the primary drives to get our 15 year old son vaccinated. I don't know if he'll go to Tech (my wife and I both did, which gives him a disadvantage :ROFLMAO:), but he's currently 10th in his high school class out of 800. We don't worry at all if he got covid that he might die...but we do worry about complications. If he lost his brain/academic edge from it, it would just devastate us.
The unknown factor is important for both the disease itself and the vaccine as well. At this point nobody knows, or really even has a clue, what the long-term implications of either are. I plan to get the vaccine, but I am trying to hold off until the Novavax one is released for distribution hopefully during the summer. Novavavx apparently uses tried and true techniques, as opposed to the newer untested ones used in the vaccines distributed thus far. Plus, unlike the currently available ones, Novavax does not use aborted fetal tissue, and that is something that I personally consider important.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
The unknown factor is important for both the disease itself and the vaccine as well. At this point nobody knows, or really even has a clue, what the long-term implications of either are. I plan to get the vaccine, but I am trying to hold off until the Novavax one is released for distribution hopefully during the summer. Novavavx apparently uses tried and true techniques, as opposed to the newer untested ones used in the vaccines distributed thus far. Plus, unlike the currently available ones, Novavax does not use aborted fetal tissue, and that is something that I personally consider important.
Not completely true, I think we are getting a much better idea of what the long term side effects are of catching the virus
  • Brain Damage
  • Lung Damage
  • Heart/Circulatory Damage
  • Death
These are known side effects today of the virus that will effect you for the rest of your life. The only question is: Are there other damages the virus causes that we don't know about?

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
The Catholic Church encourages its parishioners to get vaccinated.

Fetal cell lines are not the same as fetal tissue.

Interesting information. Thanks for sharing. But I still prefer to wait on Novavax. I like what I read about it for other reasons ---

Deleted member 2897

Just a reminder to everyone this is an extreme undercount. The CDC estimates that well over 100 million Americans have had covid. Now a large number of them have presumably been vaccinated. But those who haven't also have immunity. The bottom line being that large swaths of the country now have 70%-75%+ immunity, which is why the numbers of totally collapsed (just like we predicted they would due to those factors). All of this is a very very good thing. As of a week ago, our flagship teaching hospital in South Carolina (Medical University of South Carolina) estimated 66% of the state had immunity. That 'despite' the fact only 1/3rd were fully vaccinated (and another 20% or something had partial vaccination status).

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer

Get your Vaccine

This is an astonishingly small sample size. 58 patients? I am not yet convinced that these issues are more than statistical anomalies. They may be, or they may not be, but much more research and study is needed before conclusions are reached....

Biden unexpectedly cancelled an ongoing investigation into the origins of the virus, and three experts being interviewed in Congress today had not even been informed that the investigation had been cancelled nor why it had been. Even Fauci was unaware of it. What is this administration trying to hide?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Biden unexpectedly cancelled an ongoing investigation into the origins of the virus, and three experts being interviewed in Congress today had not even been informed that the investigation had been cancelled nor why it had been. Even Fauci was unaware of it. What is this administration trying to hide?
Another report says it wasn't cancelled, but that the investigation was concluded on its own....could be DC Speak...who knows. Does ANYONE believe what the government says anymore, on EITHER side of the aisle?

Another report says it wasn't cancelled, but that the investigation was concluded on its own....could be DC Speak...who knows. Does ANYONE believe what the government says anymore, on EITHER side of the aisle?
Since the three people appearing before the Senate today were involved in the investigation but didn't know it had been cancelled (or "concluded" -- HA), I would say no, we can't believe the government.

Status
Not open for further replies.