Yellow Jacket Roller Derby Club Team - Debut Bout against GSU April 14

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
A shameless plug for my daughter's team she founded last year at GT (her skate pseudo-name is "Structurally Unsound"). They now have enough players (and skills) to take on the Ga State team. If you happen to be on campus April 14, you should check them out.

46764771_1895893173842640_5256413510669172736_o.jpg

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
They kicked GSU's **** !! YJRD is undefeated !!

Good time had by all. There's a huge derby group in ATL that helped pull the bout off - takes a bunch of volunteers to make it happen.

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
The team should have a couple of bouts next year but it's still a bit difficult with a new team and there aren't tons of college teams out there yet (still looking to take on Virginia Tech derby team - would be cool if they could come down with the football team). Unfortunately, they were turned down as a club sport this year, only a club for now. Sounds like this is a personal goal of my daughter for next year to get it elevated to club sport. She has one more year as a grad student, I'm sure she'll get it. Any help given from the board here would be . . . . helpful. (in the immortal words of King Arthur from Monty Python's Holy Grail)