Year in review. What say you!

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
I think the biggest disappointment was having the mutts pinned deep in their own territory late in the game with a chance for Tech to win if we just held them. And we let them out. DAMN !!!

I actually thought that was one of the best play calls of the year by UGA's OC (Schottenheimer). If you watch that play, we were about 1/4 of a second from having a sack in the end zone for a safety. Sack the QB in that situation and the OC is a goat. That one play really shows how it's a game of inches.

Games:
Biggest disappointment: The GT fans in my section during the UNC game. No noise and no heart when the team was ahead, and nothing but scorn and pithy remarks as we fell behind. Why come to the game if you don't want to have fun?
Biggest positive: Although ultimately meaningless, I'll have memories of the FSU game for the rest of my life.

Team:
Biggest disappointment: I hate to name players, but I thought Keshun Freeman was poised for a breakout season. No pass rush outside of Gotsis and he isn't coming back.
Biggest positive: Gutsy play of Justin Thomas.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Biggest disappointment--we had a chance to establish ourselves as a DOMINANT team in conference (and state) after a wonderful '14, and blew-it.Not only not piling up more respect ,we now are not feared by anyone.
Biggest positive--the FR class proving they have real talent at several positions that will pay off soon.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Biggest disappointment: no improvement on O as the season progressed

Biggest surprise: Clinton Lynch from total obscurity to trying to get on the bus to our most consistent performer on O

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
With the exception of the pre-game excitement leading up to the trip to Notre Dame and the "oh my" finish against FSU the balance of the season was disappointing :(

With that said, let's move in to NSD, Spring practice and the 2016 season.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
This may have already been discussed, if so, please remove admins.

Other than the final result, what was the one thing that was the biggest disappointment of the season? What was the biggest surprise from a positive point of view.
Basically the biggest disappointment for me was the much ballyhooed offensive line being terrible for much of the year. Some have cited particular games such as being up 21--0 vs UNC and having Georgia backed up and letting them out. These are all valid. I really thought the defense was pretty good most of the year except we did not get the big turnovers we had last year. It was just a bad year all around.
I was pleased with the progress of some of our young players. Something must be done about line play on both sides of the ball or this will play out again next year.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Agree plus 1000.

We run a predictable run lane blitz by sending lb into the giant holding scrum.
In the uga game when we need a score we have 2 lb on a rb who doesnt have ball and none on qb who passes to wide open tight end. Poor coaching imo.

Forgot to add best part.
We had a bad bad year, yet the players fought every down.
The players give me HOPE!

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Biggest disappointment (on a personal level): being in Orlando for my niece's wedding, instead of BDS, for the FSU game.

Biggest (positive) surprise: the end of the FSU game.