Ye Olde Question: What will be the first offensive play on Thursday?

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I assume the coaches are gonna want to gauge the Oline of Clempsun. Smash right up the middle with Jerry Howard, get the defense off kilter and then spread them out. We are a team of running backs, run em.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Although we may have no choice but to go run heavy if we cant get pass protection across the line. This will be the first time a Tech QB will consistently step up into the picket and make good throws in a long time.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Statue of Liberty play. Tobias grabs the ball out of Lucas’s hands then throws it 45 yards down field to a streaking camp for a touchdown.

Sounds cool in theory

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Nobody else has brought up this old chestnut yet, so I'll start.

I think it will be a post to Brown. If I was Coach, the first read I'd want from the Tigger D is if they have anybody who can keep pace with Brown. If we spring him or come close, the game gets a lot different right off the bat. It would be like throwing to Waller on the first play in the 2013 Georgia game; all of a sudden we knew we could hit a big play of Ugag and we kept doing it.
Usually the qb is so jacked up with adrenalin he overthrows a first pass bomb.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
LOL
I think you managed to hit the top 3 comments from our coaches that hit me like sand in the face while I'm trying to add optimism to my support.
I understand your position. We are a developmental program. It only makes sense that we have developmental fans, too.

Re: our first play, coaches were dropping hints all summer about our new "base" formation. I may be jumping the gun in sharing this with you, but I want you to get on board. It's called the "effort-based" formation. Expect lots of effort on the first play.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I understand your position. We are a developmental program. It only makes sense that we have developmental fans, too.

Re: our first play, coaches were dropping hints all summer about our new "base" formation. I may be jumping the gun in sharing this with you, but I want you to get on board. It's called the "effort-based" formation. Expect lots of effort on the first play.

How much effort will there be on the 2nd play? The last?