Ye Olde Question: What will be the first offensive play on Thursday?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Nobody else has brought up this old chestnut yet, so I'll start.

I think it will be a post to Brown. If I was Coach, the first read I'd want from the Tigger D is if they have anybody who can keep pace with Brown. If we spring him or come close, the game gets a lot different right off the bat. It would be like throwing to Waller on the first play in the 2013 Georgia game; all of a sudden we knew we could hit a big play of Ugag and we kept doing it.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I could see us try to play the “numbers” game and get brown against a LB or safety and take a shot down field.

More realistically it will be a screen of some sort or a quick slant.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Maybe
Fake run right, max protect, pass to little very fadt man (Brown) deep.

Yea and on first defensive play, we line up 10 man line and rush 1.

Actually
Run utm.

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow
With so many of CPJ's players still on the roster and everyone expecting the new pro offense, they'll line up in the shotgun formation, switch to the option look and pitch the ball for a touchdown on the first play. (I like the idea of throwing in the option every now and then, when no one's expecting it -- especially since we have all the players experienced with it. What surprised me looking back at old films of 1990, we ran the option quite a bit back then. For some reason I always remembered that being a pure pro-style offense.)

With so many of CPJ's players still on the roster and everyone expecting the new pro offense, they'll line up in the shotgun formation, switch to the option look and pitch the ball for a touchdown on the first play. (I like the idea of throwing in the option every now and then, when no one's expecting it -- especially since we have all the players experienced with it. What surprised me looking back at old films of 1990, we ran the option quite a bit back then. For some reason I always remembered that being a pure pro-style offense.)

I think it would catch Clemson if we ran the TO. As for the 90's, have said many time Fridge's base play was the option, run out of about every formation you can. I, Veer, Wishbone, Flex, etc.

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow

Yeah, I was thinking something like that with Lucas in shotgun and Tobias in slot.