Yates to Start Over Sims Tomorrow

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Am I reading this wrong?

either Yates flat out is beating Yates out in practice, Sims is still hurt, or Sims isn’t playing so great. Either way this makes tomorrow way more interesting.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
See the Sims injury thread. Also, if Yates is beating Yates out in practice, then our qb room must be really thin. (Joking & sarcasm) Hoping Sims comes back 100%. He was the day 1 starter for a reason. I feel fine with Yates being in there though, we should win convincingly today regardless.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
See the Sims injury thread. Also, if Yates is beating Yates out in practice, then our qb room must be really thin. (Joking & sarcasm) Hoping Sims comes back 100%. He was the day 1 starter for a reason. I feel fine with Yates being in there though, we should win convincingly today regardless.
Dang sorry if I’m posting the obvious. I’m anxious to see what he can do with his own stage. I went back and rewatched highlights from last weekend and nothing I saw he did was wrong. He looked relatively sharp

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Of course I can't know, but based on what was said all week, I think this means Sims' injury is keeping him out. I think the coaches were clear he was not losing his starting job based on some poor throws in one half.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
Looking forward to a dual between a couple of QBs recruited to CPJ’s system. Also our leading receiver, 2/3 of our best running backs, and center. Something about recruiting at an elite level.

Tjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Of course I can't know, but based on what was said all week, I think this means Sims' injury is keeping him out. I think the coaches were clear he was not losing his starting job based on some poor throws in one half.
I dont care who starts. put your best performing 22 players on the field let them adjust . Quit subbing every down . The players have to learn to adjust to opponents. Speed blocking style and schemes. Just as the coaches. I understand fresh bodies. But 30 guys playing only 10 to 20 snaps a game isn't helping much . You not gonna see much gain in the players production. Looking to the sideline while the offense is snapping the ball. Some players great practice players .some are great game time . Who they we will never know with this scheme???

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
Wouldn't it be the ideal thing if all our starters were upperclassmen instead of FR and SO.?
In the absence of younger recruits who are truly elite, of course. It would also be ideal if someone were coaching them up to the point where we were competitive in the ACC and didn’t lose to citadel or NIU.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Love seeing him get the call, also hope he doesn’t try the hero ball running plays he did last weekend. If Sims can’t go, then Yates CAN’T get hurt.
That said, looking forward to seeing Yates for 4 Qs. His affinity for the short pass is exactly what we will want to keep the chains moving while Mason, Gibbs and Company go to work.