Yates, the leader.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Yates seems like he is going to be an OUTSTANDING leader for this team. Once he develops he may end up being a GT great. He has already got with griffin to workout. Love to see this.

Screenshot_20190209-181112_Instagram.jpg

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
We’ve missed a leader at QB for a while. Marshall was a good leader but it sucked he didn’t develope a lot. We haven’t had a good vocal leader with clutch playmaking ability since Nesbitt imo.

JT was a baller but he was quiet and didn’t seem like too much of a vocal leader

Excited to see what Yates has to offer

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
U know nesbitt wasnt a vocal leader either. Truly the last one was ball. But people bash him for various reasons.

Cpj was the vocal leader. All his qbs were quiet. Nesbitt was not vocal. He was tough and a emotional on the field but subdued to his teammates and in the huddle. Washington. Jet. Even marshall, if you recall the thing he said he wanted to do was be more vocal. He may have done that more his last year but not his first.

I can’t remember having vocal leaders at qb for a long time. Hamilton was bigtime. Goose was too actually. Ball was. Then thats about it. No one since then touches those three

Thats not to say we didn’t have good leaders. Jet and josh were. They just weren’t the vocal types

AnAmericanNerd

Georgia Tech Fan
So far my Jordon Yates hype has not stopped growing. I can’t wait to go to the Spring Game and see how he does! And I’m including how he interacts with his teammates in addition to his play. It just feels like he’s got a great team personality

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
So far my Jordon Yates hype has not stopped growing. I can’t wait to go to the Spring Game and see how he does! And I’m including how he interacts with his teammates in addition to his play. It just feels like he’s got a great team personality
Did Yates enroll early? If he did that is great.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
While I’m glad Jordan Yates signed with us, I haven’t seen what he can show us all what he can do as a quarterback on the Division 1 College Football field yet.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It just feels like he’s got a great team personality

You have just described my sports career to a T. I was the guy at the end of the bench twirling the towel, greeting the starters with hi fives during timeouts, standing up and leading the crowd in cheers, getting the guys in the dugout to put on their rally caps, giving the first and second team guys on the basketball team a much deserved respite when we were up by 35 with 48 or fewer seconds left in the game, etc. Closing out the last half inning in right field given a leader greater than or equal to 10 runs.I have this sneaking suspicion that the correlation coefficient on my being on the roster and the team's W-L record was somewhere within +/- .0004 of zero. But I was a great teammate! Unlike others in my lot, I didn't blame the coach or politics or the system...my coaches at the time were pretty fair judges of talent. I really didn't want to be on a team where I was good enough to start.

disclaimer: no other meaning or intent, whether real or inferred, was meant in writing this post. No animals were harmed in its production. Offer void where prohibited. Tax, tag, title and other fees may apply, depending on your location. Consult your attorney or CPA. If nausea persists, ask your doctor about Rolipitant.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I said in his recruiting thread that Yates reminds me a LOT of Russell Wilson. Not the biggest, not the tallest, not the strongest of arms, not the fastest...but he just has that "it" factor and does just enough to beat you and makes everyone around him better. I remember watching Russell Wilson play against us for NC State and kept thinking to myself: Why in the world can we not tackle this guy...he's not that fast? Holy crap, why aren't our DBs getting to the ball faster...he's not Peyton Manning?! How are we losing to NC State?!!!

The leadership he's displayed throughout the recruiting process, and after he's signed isn't surprising...but just reiterates what kind of player GT is getting. A LOT of teams missed on this guy, it's probably because of his size. That's OK, because GT has always won with undersized QBs (Shawn Jones, Joe Hamilton, Reggie Ball, JeT) who didn't fit the "NFL QB" model. Credit to CPJ for targeting him early and being his first P5 offer.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
While I’m glad Jordan Yates signed with us, I haven’t seen what he can show us all what he can do as a quarterback on the Division 1 College Football field yet.
Yeah I think we need to temper expectations a little here. We don’t even know if we’re going to see him starting for a couple years while he gets bigger, stronger, and better. This isn’t basketball where an 18 year old can come in and dominate 21 and 22 year olds.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Pssst. *whispers in ear*

It’s not popular around here lately to express any skepticism.

I have to agree with you however. It’s so hard to project recruits. I’m very excited about his potential though. He had talent, ability, and that “it factor” in hs. Hopefully all that transfers to college ball also.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Its okay to be excited about the potential of a 4 star QB. It goes without saying that nothing is guaranteed, so I am not sure why someone has to be Captain Obvious and remind us of that in every thread. If we limit ourselves to discussing only what has been achieved on the field, the offseason will be very quiet and there would be no point in discussing recruiting at all. Lol

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Its okay to be excited about the potential of a 4 star QB. It goes without saying that nothing is guaranteed, so I am not sure why someone has to be Captain Obvious and remind us of that in every thread. If we limit ourselves to discussing only what has been achieved on the field, the offseason will be very quiet and there would be no point in discussing recruiting at all. Lol

We could always talk about those spiffy navy unis we wore in the bowl game...

(**ducks my head**)