ya just can't make this stuff up.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, I have read and heard more butthurt out of Clemson than anybody else we beat this year. They really believe that Deshaun Watson was somehow going to be worth 23+ points if he doesn't get injured. He's a good player, and may be an All-American before he leaves Clemson, but he was A FRESHMAN this year. He wasn't going to beat us single-handedly.

Last edited:

johncu

Jolly Good Fellow
Sammy was at Clemson when I was in grad school there. He's a really nice guy, but let's just say this doesn't surprise me.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
More to the point....we could have pulled JT....placed Byerly in.....and would have whipped their asses just about as bad. We have more depth than Clem....lol....that's nice.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Sammy... you just lost another "fan". Good luck in the future after you blow all your money. Maybe you can get a job at the big "W" and greet customers. I understand you don't have to read nor write to qualify for that position. (Just like the NFL).

thwgjacket

The funny thing is that some NFL teams started incorporating the option into certain packages around 2009-10. Saw Alex Smith run it with Jamal Charles 3 or 4 weeks ago for a TD. I wonder what could have given them the idea that it would work? Hmmmm

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
whats sad is that if we manage to start consistently beating top teams and/or win a natty with it, they probably will figure out a way to ban it

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
whats sad is that if we manage to start consistently beating top teams and/or win a natty with it, they probably will figure out a way to ban it
If I had a dollar for every time I've heard "that offense won't win championships" ...
I could pay for my fuel to and from the ORANGE BOWL sammy. ..;)

slugboy

Staff member
Not picking on you in particular, but
  • There's no grand conspiracy against us
  • A lot of people like our offense
  • If people don't, then *&^@ 'em
  • If we win a national championship, we'll get copycats. Our offense won't get banned.
  • I haven't spent a lot of time looking at our blocking lately, but mostly it seems like our OL drive block most of the time. The cuts seem to come more from our A-backs, and I'd like to see them drive block too (since some of 'em are missing blocks they shouldn't).
Just be happy. Things are good.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Honestly, I have read and heard more butthurt out of Clemson than anybody else we beat this year. They really believe that Deshaun Watson was somehow going to be worth 23+ points if he doesn't get injured. He's a good player, and may be an All-American before he leaves Clemson, but he was A FRESHMAN this year. He wasn't going to beat us single-handedly.

Their team certainly played like he was going to beat us by himself because when he went out, they quit offensively.