y u mad (CNW)?

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Why was CNW so mad at this particular moment, right before this routine UVA pass play (which we missed a routine tackle and it then went the distance for a TD)? Was what he was mad at somehow responsible for the TD that ensued? If so, I bet he went from boiling over to plasma hot (it didn't show him after the TD, might not have been suitable for the viewing audience).

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Why was CNW so mad at this particular moment, right before this routine UVA pass play (which we missed a routine tackle and it then went the distance for a TD)? Was what he was mad at somehow responsible for the TD that ensued? If so, I bet he went from boiling over to plasma hot (it didn't show him after the TD, might not have been suitable for the viewing audience).

Coach Woody was throwing those F bombs around:LOL::ROFLMAO::hilarious:

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer

The announcers mentioned we subbed someone and Nate may not have wanted the sub to happen. Otherwise, I have no idea of knowing since the camera wasn't exactly helpful.

Big Philly

Jolly Good Fellow
It looks like he's pissed that we did not get into the right personnel group to match UVA's substitution. UVA substituted from 21 personnel to 10 personnel and it looks like we subbed on our D-Line but we didn't bring in any additional DBs. Perhaps we have multiple Linebackers on the field who "should be" defensive backs and so rather than send them out into mismatched coverage CNW called a Cover-0 Blitz. If that's the case I bet he is apoplectic on the sideline after the score.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Coach Woody was throwing those F bombs around:LOL::ROFLMAO::hilarious:
My wife didn't go to the game but said from Cherokee county after she looked outside this is what she saw at that time.

th

MidtownJacket

Staff member
yeah I was convinced CNW had patched Mrs Cleo in to his headset and was reacting in advance to the TD on the ensuing play.. (tic)

Figure it must have been a substitution issue based on the timing of it, but like others above have said without the camera angle it is hard to know personnel on the field

alagold

Helluva Engineer
My wife didn't go to the game but said from Cherokee county after she looked outside this is what she saw at that time.

th

yep, he didn't look happy at all that first half esp, except for the safety the tackling and cover was pretty poor really--our not stopping that 2nd unit sub QB run for 1st down was pathetic, then the missed tackle on 5 yd pass that went for TD--that crap should not happen if you expect to win

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I saw us make a stop for a minimal gain maybe a yard or so, and it wasn’t for a first down. Right away he was screaming mad about something, that’s what I like, although we made a stop he saw something that could have been done better and that’s how you get better. Unless it was a missed penalty.

Edit: just watched the above video and that’s the play I was talking about.

Big Philly

Jolly Good Fellow
Here's some more evidence that he might be dropping F-Bombs because we subbed wrong. Here is the video queued up to 32:34, the third down previous to the play in question. On this third down UVA also uses 10 personnel and I think we have 6 DBs on the field but I can't read the numbers for ****. Granted, the previous play is 3rd and 9 while the play where CNW is pissed is only 3rd and 3, but I'm guessing he wants at least one more DB on the field.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
He was mad because he saw the future. He saw the TD coming.

He also saw more plays like that in our future Saturday if our guys keep taking bad angles and not wrapping up and getting guys to the ground.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Why can’t we tackle?

I look at EVERY recruits tape.Very few guys tackle well even on their "highlights". Most get by in hi school on superior size/strength but P5 fball is a NEW deal. btw-Charlie Thomas is best I've seen in 2-3 yrs.There is a '19 DB recruit from Tenn that is a pretty good tackler also. In fact it also looks like he waits on pass just to hit the WR.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I look at EVERY recruits tape.Very few guys tackle well even on their "highlights". Most get by in hi school on superior size/strength but P5 fball is a NEW deal. btw-Charlie Thomas is best I've seen in 2-3 yrs.There is a '19 DB recruit from Tenn that is a pretty good tackler also. In fact it also looks like he waits on pass just to hit the WR.

Jemea Thomas was the best tackling DB we had in a long time. Charlie Thomas is a good tackler and good at a lot of other things as well. I just wish we had the luxury of him having an extra year in the weight room. We don't so he is playing. Maybe he would rather play anyway.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

I think he pretty much stays mad. He was not happy with that first half that's for sure but they played much better in the second half.