Xavier Gantt

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
So I'm just curious if anyone knows why Gantt has not gotten on the field, even on special teams. I know we have 4 really strong AB's in front of him, but he didn't get any mop up snaps against JSU and hasn't gotten any time on special teams.

I know many were really excited to get him on campus, so I'm just curious if anyone knows anything on his status. Is he hurt?

Hopefully he's working hard and doing fine, just having to wait his turn.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Titles with just player names always make me nervous to click. We have an abundance of riches at aback so there isn't much room to break in there. Punt returning is locked down by Stewart CPJ likes his sure hands. Kick returning JJ has done a solid job for the most part. Probably in the mix just buried by the depth of talent Tech is starting to build. Hopefully we can get some of that depth to stick on other places like oline.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Titles with just player names always make me nervous to click. We have an abundance of riches at aback so there isn't much room to break in there. Punt returning is locked down by Stewart CPJ likes his sure hands. Kick returning JJ has done a solid job for the most part. Probably in the mix just buried by the depth of talent Tech is starting to build. Hopefully we can get some of that depth to stick on other places like oline.
Stewart is housing one this year.... book it.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Who was out there at AB the last couple of series against JSU? Looks like Cottrell has stepped up to be a regular contributor. One thing about Quay and Clinton is their pass-game threat that keeps them on the field. I don't think CPJ is willing to let the inexperienced guys crack the field until games are in hand right now.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Who was out there at AB the last couple of series against JSU? Looks like Cottrell has stepped up to be a regular contributor. One thing about Quay and Clinton is their pass-game threat that keeps them on the field. I don't think CPJ is willing to let the inexperienced guys crack the field until games are in hand right now.
Jarret I believe.

MountPGT1990

Banned
Stewart is housing one this year.... book it.

Would love to see it, but highly doubt it . All he does is fair catch it, I think CPJ just wants punt return guy to have sure hands and give his offense the ball. Can't remember well last time we had a dynamic punt returner

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Let's not forget about their blocking. Our top four guys have been great this year at putting opponents on the ground.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Would love to see it, but highly doubt it . All he does is fair catch it, I think CPJ just wants punt return guy to have sure hands and give his offense the ball. Can't remember well last time we had a dynamic punt returner
He would've been top 10 last year in punt return avg yards, but didn't get enough returns to qualify.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Gantt may have been in there with Jarrett on the last series. He came in around 164#s as did Jarrett but is a year behind in growth. I believe Jarrett is around 175#s now. It is hard to block at that size, especially when competing with the 190# ABs who have 3+ years of technique and weight training. With grad attrition he may get two years to contribute but the ABs are full up the next two seasons. I see him playing a role like Tony Zenon as a JR-Sr.