WSB TV & UGA

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I'd agree that the answer is winning in part. But GT is not going to be the media draw that UGA is. As for decaf I'm actually fairly calm. I'm just trying to understand why there's any angst about this topic at all. Or even more, why there's any surprise about it. We also agree that it's always been this way.
Hasn’t. Always. Been. This. Way.

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
Going back to my post, why did our AD allow WSB to broadcast that hour long handjob to UGA from our stadium instead of telling them to do it from their own studio? White Columns is what, about 2-3 miles away? Why would any program that has any self respect allow that. It seems like GTAA/ Stansbury is the Kevin Bacon character and WSB is the pledge master.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Relax. I should have said ever since at least 1984 it's been that way. At least for football. Even when we were the better team by a lot.
About the time insightful sports journalism was replaced with pablum for the dawg masses. Laziest way to make money I can think of is to do endless fluff pieces on the mutts.

Saddest part is all these transplants to the metro area could have been introduced to the local team but instead got a steady stream of red and black indoctrination.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Going back to my post, why did our AD allow WSB to broadcast that hour long handjob to UGA from our stadium instead of telling them to do it from their own studio? White Columns is what, about 2-3 miles away? Why would any program that has any self respect allow that. It seems like GTAA/ Stansbury is the Kevin Bacon character and WSB is the pledge master.

I mean they did fill our stadium with their fans for us. Just lighten up Francis. It's not the end of the world. They were number 1 in the nation with over half a starting line up of draftable talent (in just one year) and they wound up winning a natty. If we were that team, we would've gotten that type of coverage.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I mean they did fill our stadium with their fans for us. Just lighten up Francis. It's not the end of the world. They were number 1 in the nation with over half a starting line up of draftable talent (in just one year) and they wound up winning a natty. If we were that team, we would've gotten that type of coverage.
Sure. Right. Tech could win three nattys in a row and I would bet my entire stock portfolio that uga would NEVER let us do an hour long infomercial inside Sanford stadium.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
With how the last 3 years have gone for us, I'd rather not have any segments bringing any more attention to our 3 win seasons, lol.