WSB Trashing TECH RECRUITING

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Last year, Eric said the staff thought the 2016 class could be the best ever signed at Tech.

lol
I am trying to let things settle and get a clear look after some knowledgeable people on the board, guys who actually know football talent and can analyze those bits of recruiting film, check in. I think most on the board thought the 2015 class was a very good one, and it seemed something like eight of them had to play due to injuries. We ended 3-9 and my roundabout view is that this class doesn't seem as strong as that one. I do like the QB, though, maybe because Tech has such problems getting one. Now, if development reaches potential ...

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I am trying to let things settle and get a clear look after some knowledgeable people on the board, guys who actually know football talent and can analyze those bits of recruiting film, check in. I think most on the board thought the 2015 class was a very good one, and it seemed something like eight of them had to play due to injuries. We ended 3-9 and my roundabout view is that this class doesn't seem as strong as that one. I do like the QB, though, maybe because Tech has such problems getting one. Now, if development reaches potential ...
My view is that this class just wasn't as voluminous as last year's. I would be shocked if there was a significant drop in quality.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
No one thought the 2009-2010 classes were anything special, but you saw what the 2014 senior class did. 2015 was a good class and some of the freshman that played last year did great. (Brant, Marcus, Brad) As for the 2016 class, we did about as good as a school like GT can do, we should be happy we were able to sign 2 4-Stars after a 3-9 record and worst season under CPJ. Also don't get caught up in all the stars by people's names on 247.com etc, Robert Godhigh a preferred walk on, now everyone's favorite Aback ever wasn't that highly rated out of high school. What these kids did in high school is irrelevant now, it matters how hard they work and how much effort the put into it from now on. Some of these kids you guys aren't to high on could be the best players on the 2017-2018 teams.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
My disappointments have to do with the trenches mostly.
I think we needed an upgrade at DT, DE, & OLine.

Losing Hill & Johnson hurt.
Then whiffing on Campbell but I don't really think we were ever really in it on him.

Campbell would have been a great addition tho.
Getting Adam certainly helps the DLine. Martin helps but he's gonna have to redshirt to add weight. The DE's are solid with Wood, Brandon, and White the walk on who is higher rates than our some of our schollie commits..

Matter of fact I think some of the walk on could wind up being major contributors. Not really sure if that's a good thing.

The whiffs at the end kinda let the air out the bag of excitement.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
No one thought the 2009-2010 classes were anything special, but you saw what the 2014 senior class did. 2015 was a good class and some of the freshman that played last year did great. (Brant, Marcus, Brad) As for the 2016 class, we did about as good as a school like GT can do, we should be happy we were able to sign 2 4-Stars after a 3-9 record and worst season under CPJ. Also don't get caught up in all the stars by people's names on 247.com etc, Robert Godhigh a preferred walk on, now everyone's favorite Aback ever wasn't that highly rated out of high school. What these kids did in high school is irrelevant now, it matters how hard they work and how much effort the put into it from now on. Some of these kids you guys aren't to high on could be the best players on the 2017-2018 teams.
who were the two 4-star signings?

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm glad I don't listen to terrestrial radio on my commute. There is a UGA fan in my office that kept yelling out the star ratings of kids as they signed this morning , and that was enough. I thought he was going to have a heart attack he had worked himself up so much. I have never thought slobbering over recruitment ratings was a good thing, the earliest I can get excited about the team is hearing reports after they come out of fall camp.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
WSB has always hated GT! If you don't believe it, you just don't listen enough. Our class was almost all three stars and we will beat their five stars in the next year or two. The big difference is their players are often dumber than dirt, and pot heads to boot. They are not interested in an education for the most part and generally are NFL or bust, mostly bust for the rest of their lives.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
WSB has always hated GT! If you don't believe it, you just don't listen enough. Our class was almost all three stars and we will beat their five stars in the next year or two. The big difference is their players are often dumber than dirt, and pot heads to boot. They are not interested in an education for the most part and generally are NFL or bust, mostly bust for the rest of their lives.

Man, that's harsh. Washing or selling cars at a booster's car dealership counts as a career after gradu --- er --- using up eligibility too, right?

HHPshack

Georgia Tech Fan
I would like to see a list of all the kids that went all these football factories that have signed in the last 10 yrs or so and just see what they are doing and what they make compared to the kids that chose Tech or Vanderbilt or any school that is not all about football. I know 2 kids that have degrees from UGA football players that can't even get jobs. One got fired from his County job fixing potholes.

Most likely because he treated his pothole patching job same as his classes at UGA. Never show up and expect someone else to do the work.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Uh oh, Kirby missed on EJ Price and Derrick Brown. I guess he is not the world's greatest closer either. Now they are comparing Smart's class to the same ones signed by the recently terminated Richt. The Bulldawg Boards are pissing and moaning just like some of our fans. I guess it just goes to show you can't satisfy everybody every time. It is what it is.

Go Jackets!

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I don't care what they say , I like all of our Recruits and Players. They will do something others won't do they will NOT give up.
To his credit and the players themselves, this seems to be a common thread down through the years about Coach Johnson's teams. They don't quit even when no one would really blame them such as the end of last year. Such character has not always been the case. FWIW

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am under no illusion that we have as much talent on our current roster as say, Alabama. However, if you think the ultimate effect on the program of the 2016 class, for either GT or UGA, will be decided by these rankings, well, I can't help you. Our kids look like they can play to me. We won't know ultimately for about three years.

I was over at my leg humper brother in law's house a couple days ago. He was laughing and lamenting how half of their last great recruiting class isn't even in the program any more for one reason or another. According to him, they lose so many to various issues that the rankings have no consequence. I can see his point. Keeping and growing your kids is just as important, perhaps more so, than just signing them with big stars.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
I am under no illusion that we have as much talent on our current roster as say, Alabama. However, if you think the ultimate effect on the program of the 2016 class, for either GT or UGA, will be decided by these rankings, well, I can't help you. Our kids look like they can play to me. We won't know ultimately for about three years.

I was over at my leg humper brother in law's house a couple days ago. He was laughing and lamenting how half of their last great recruiting class isn't even in the program any more for one reason or another. According to him, they lose so many to various issues that the rankings have no consequence. I can see his point. Keeping and growing your kids is just as important, perhaps more so, than just signing them with big stars.
The comparison of "factory" program recruiting is not the comparison of interest... The comparison of Dukes relative recuiting successes is deflating and disturbing...and has been manifesting in their maddening streak of success over us...