WSB Trashing TECH RECRUITING

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Having my first cup of coffee this a.m. when a WSB radio reporter weighs in on signing day. From Athens he says ugag is closing in on a 5 * player and expects them to have a top 10 class. He says Tech is hovering around a # 53 class with about 16 , 2 & 3 * signings so far. Nothing like objectivity from the ugag flagshipstation.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Perhaps the OP just didn't appreciate the tone. UGA'S SIGNING ALL THE SUPER DUPER ULITMATE 'CROOTS, oh and Tech's blah, blah, blah....

Not factually wrong per se, but c'mon man don't crap on these kids' day. Anyways, this is probably my fault since I had a bit of a back/forth with one of those WSB "reporters" via email regarding a slanderous GT story a year or so ago. :D

Eli

Helluva Engineer
We have struck out on all our major targets down the stretch excluding Woods. This will be no different. We have no momentum lol

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Funny how the talent disparity doesn't show up on the field. And before somebody mentions the recent record, I'm talking about the game action and the disparity of talent, er lack there of, displayed on the field. When the vast majority of games go down to the wire, it's not saying much about the difference in talent.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Jamie Newberg @JamieNewberg
Never seen a first class close like UGA and Kirby Smart. He kept the committed players committed and now closing like a sledge hammer. Wow.
9:57 AM - 3 Feb 2016

*vomit*

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Jamie Newberg @JamieNewberg
Never seen a first class close like UGA and Kirby Smart. He kept the committed players committed and now closing like a sledge hammer. Wow.
9:57 AM - 3 Feb 2016

*vomit*
UGA has 4 WR's in this class plus Mecole. I hope that hurts their chances with Robertson. Who am I kidding though, he's going to ND or Stanford?

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Wait. UGA is recruiting well? And they're recruiting better than Tech? Here's my shocked face. It's almost like it's the same teams end up near the top of the recruiting rankings every year!

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
He didn't lie. It's not a highly ranked class.
In some ways this has been a very disappointing ending due to GT being unable to close on key targets.

I like Woods & Adams but unfortunately on paper there are few impact players. Time will tell. They get here and develop.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
He didn't lie. It's not a highly ranked class.
In some ways this has been a very disappointing ending due to GT being unable to close on key targets.

I like Woods & Adams but unfortunately on paper there are few impact players. Time will tell. They get here and develop.
I disagree but like you said, time will tell.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Here's the larger issue, as far as I'm concerned. Bradley also wrote a hatchet job in the AJC, and without fail, the people who discuss the rankings as a referendum on the program and coaches neglect to reference the methodology. It is relevant that we signed the third smallest class in the conference, and that is reflected in the rankings. Last year, we signed a relatively large class, and that was reflected in the rankings. My complaint with the coverage is not that it's inaccurate, but that it's incomplete.