Would you believe

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I opened up a loaf of bread from the neighborhood Publix store and there was a live palmetto bug in it. Needless to say that loaf is in the garbage.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
“Palmetto bug”....the politically correct word used to describe a big nasty roach :D

You should have taken it back to publix for a refund.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
So much to unpack here. First, what Publix was this? Second, why not just call it a roach? Stop being all fancy with words and such. It's a roach.

Third, ewwwww. I mean ...

yuck.gif

Full disclosure, I may have an unnatural fear of those things. Almost paralyzing. Lots of childhood encounters with them. Including once where one of the flying ones flew right onto my chest. Like, what're you s'posed to do as a 9 year-old if that happens?

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
So much to unpack here. First, what Publix was this? Second, why not just call it a roach? Stop being all fancy with words and such. It's a roach.

yuck.gif

Full disclosure, I may have an unnatural fear of those things. Almost paralyzing. Lots of childhood encounters with them. Including once where one of the flying ones flew right onto my chest. Like, what're you s'posed to do as a 9 year-old if that happens?
What is the difference between Roach and Palmetto Bug?

• Roach is a general term to refer all the cockroach species while Palmetto bug is one such species.

• Roach has a worldwide distribution while palmetto bug is native to Florida and Caribbean islands.

• Roaches come in different sizes while Palmetto bug is a relatively large species than others.

• Roaches include some common pest species, but palmetto bug is not a pest.

• Palmetto bug moves slower than most of the roach species.

• Palmetto bug can emit a strong odour, but not all the roaches are able to do that.

• Although most of the roaches can live under different climates, Palmetto bugs prefer warm and damp habitats.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

• Roach is a general term to refer all the cockroach species while Palmetto bug is one such species.

• Roach has a worldwide distribution while palmetto bug is native to Florida and Caribbean islands.

• Roaches come in different sizes while Palmetto bug is a relatively large species than others.

• Palmetto bug can emit a strong odour, but not all the roaches are able to do that.

• Although most of the roaches can live under different climates, Palmetto bugs prefer warm and damp habitats.

fscn.gif

Hey, can I borrow mod powers for a few minutes? I need to ban a guy.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I AIN'T A GUY.:LOL:

I meant 'guy' in a figurative sense.

And thanks for the panic attack I'm having. I can't even look at that picture, vid or whatever you linked. Can't even have it on my screen. I'll never laugh at anyone's phobias again. I think I need therapy. :oops:

Potato / potahto lol

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I’d post a Tony Montana / Scarface YouTube video about “f-ing cock-a-roaches”...but of course it drops the f-bomb too many time for my delicate ears...

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Healthy palmetto bugs are dang fast, they can fly, and are all over the south not just Florida. In Birmingham they seemed much more prone to flight than other places I’ve lived.

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

yuck.gif

I guess i did not want to use Roach, it was Publix at Peachtree Corners in Norcross