Would this work for AD

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Use interim until end of this season. Make CPJ athletic director, Hire Ken Niamatololo. Keep Roof or let Ken bring in his own DC.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
When PJ is gone, for whatever reason, it would be suicide to hire another "TO" coach.

" but we have recruited kids to run that system". Well, the kids here when PJ & Pepper first came were NOT recruited for those systems and it worked out.

The opposite can be true.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
When PJ is gone, for whatever reason, it would be suicide to hire another "TO" coach.

" but we have recruited kids to run that system". Well, the kids here when PJ & Pepper first came were NOT recruited for those systems and it worked out.

Why, for whatever reason, would it be suicude to hire another TO coach???

And I'm not saying we should, just curious why you think that.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
62046751.jpg

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer

Those other systems have worked great also. We always get the best pro style QB in the country :)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
You know you're on GT site when a person can turn a search for our next AD into a search for our next football coach as well. And it only took 2 sentences.

We're GT...we can do do it! (Wait, is lame for me to recycle this...was it ever even cool to use it in the first place...)

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
You guys are crazy if you want another Triple Option coach."Thats all we can recruit for" That's all we try to recruit for. Look at the class the year before CPJ got here.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
You guys are crazy if you want another Triple Option coach."Thats all we can recruit for" That's all we try to recruit for. Look at the class the year before CPJ got here.

Everyone knows that took all the stars aligning and an act of God to occur...oh, and Calculus!!!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
CPJ isn't going anywhere for a long time.

Honestly, wouldn't be surprised to see CPJ move on or hang it up in the next few seasons. He sounded tired of trying to compete with other schools and his own school for resources.

CPJ is getting up there in age, and he's made A LOT of money. His only child has graduated from college. He's been here going on 9 years now...which is a LONG time for any college coach in this day and age. Maybe he stays long enough to see this group of players mature and find out what he has as the young guys are the most talented bunch of players he's had since his days at GA Southern.

We're probably getting to the point where every year he's still coaching at GT should probably come as a surprise...especially if the next AD isn't as dedicated to getting football the resources it needs to compete.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I agree, I think both parties are just about ready for a change. CPJ is a good coach but to me he has never really embraced and shown a genuine love for Georgia Tech and it's football traditions. He continually refers to Tech as "they" instead of "we". His recent complaints about the facilities and such further tells me he has put limits on the program and his performance. Hard to be a winner when you think you are a loser.

Go Jackets!