would a 5-2 defense work at tech?

snocap1

Georgia Tech Fan
would a 5-2 defense work at tech? you could use the linebackers on run downs and replace one line backer with a DB or two on pass downs or you could mix and match with different combinations?

thanks,

Lenny Land

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
k3IukIS.gif

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
That's a high school defense, so no. LB are better atheletes than most DL. So why keep your best atheletes off the field? Onto the next stuipid question

snocap1

Georgia Tech Fan
why you guys have to be such jerks you know I have had season tickets to football for 30 years you act like i am a chump

thanks,

Lenny Land

Gojackets55

Banned
You guys think a 1-10 defense would work at Tech? We have a really hard time recruiting linemen and it seems as if we have offered alot of defensive backs. I think going forward for us to be able to get our best athletes on the field we should consider playing 10 db's. Thoughts?

Ramblinwreck7

Georgia Tech Fan
Through packaging and scheming, we will run variations of the 5-2 on certain downs. It would fail as a base defense however due to the passing/speed/spread threats that we face.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Been running a variation of the 5-2 for the last 3 years (3-4) and you saw how that worked out. Only semblance of a "5-2" you will see from Tech is when we line up in an Under Front