World Travel Discussion

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
It is not looking good for ATL trip this year. Was hoping to catch either the Pitt or Louisville game.....but the scheduling gods saw fit to put them early in the season.....and my little guy has CYO football games.
Missing out on a fraternity reunion for the same reason during the B.G. game.
Add to that the Iceland portion of our vacation really blew the travel budget for the year. :arghh::arghh::arghh: $20 for a bowl of soup, $15 for fish and chips at a gas station.....$100 to fill up a VW Golf. (Though I did run into a few Tech grads there) .....also just got plane tickets to spend 4+ weeks in Australia next summer.
4+ weeks in Australia. ...Must be a lot of building's to inspect lol
:) your current position we spoke about last year seems to be agreeing with you.
That's awesome.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
If you like organized tours (SMALL groups), that go to pretty cool places all over the globe, I HIGHLY recommend Overseas Adventure travel (www.oattravel.com). I have taken 13 trips with them over the past 8 or 9 years and loved everyone of them. The main incentive for me to use them is that I travel solo, and they don't charge a single supplement.
Thanks for sharing that link! I love the idea of small groups and they go to a ton of places. I'm glad to hear you've used them so many times, that's a better endorsement than just about anything. My wife and I are travel junkies so we'll look into some trips.

Thanks for sharing that link! I love the idea of small groups and they go to a ton of places. I'm glad to hear you've used them so many times, that's a better endorsement than just about anything. My wife and I are travel junkies so we'll look into some trips.
If you decide to take one of their tours, PM me for my name and give it to them as having referred you. You and I both will get $100.00 discounts.

I've ordered their catalog, looking at Australia and New Zealand after the 1st of the year!
Uh oh. You are now on their mailing list. You will be inundated with mail from them.....LOL Seriously, although they have decreased the number of mailings, it still amounts to about one per week. You can learn just as much from their online site, even building the trip you want from what they offer, without any obligation.
I HATE that they moved this discussion to a separate thread, because I will probably never think to check it. If you want any info from me, it's probably best to send me a PM here in The Swarm or to email me at [email protected]. I THINK you already have that address, since I have yours, but just in case. And, as I told @Animal02, if you do decide to take an OAT trip, give them my name as a reference, and you will get $100.00 off the cost, and I will get $100.00 off the cost of my next trip. That's not much money, but every cent counts.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Uh oh. You are now on their mailing list. You will be inundated with mail from them.....LOL Seriously, although they have decreased the number of mailings, it still amounts to about one per week. You can learn just as much from their online site, even building the trip you want from what they offer, without any obligation.
I HATE that they moved this discussion to a separate thread, because I will probably never think to check it. If you want any info from me, it's probably best to send me a PM here in The Swarm or to email me at [email protected]. I THINK you already have that address, since I have yours, but just in case. And, as I told @Animal02, if you do decide to take an OAT trip, give them my name as a reference, and you will get $100.00 off the cost, and I will get $100.00 off the cost of my next trip. That's not much money, but every cent counts.

Absolutely, I have been wanting to find a company that does what they do now that I am retired as well. It's nice to have a recommendation from someone that has used them on more than one occasion! Looking forward to trips for fun and not work!

I have not regretted for one minute any of the 13 trips I have taken with OAT. I am looking at two for next year, although the way prices have increased just over the past 5 years, I may have to settle for just one. BTW, OAT is sometimes called "Older American Tourists" LOL. On a side note, I took one trip with Road Scholar, who used to have the name Elder Hostel and was jokingly referred to as "Hostile Elders" LOL. I have only been on three OAT trips where there were any under the age of 30, and on some of them there were travelers even older than me. If you would be interested in checking out my experiences on any of my recent trips, go to YouTube and do a search on "Jack Carswell". I have posted several "slideshows" from each of the past 4 or 5 trips, each 15 minutes in length. I am now working on my "slideshows" from my recent trip, but I am at least a couple months away from completing them and getting them posted.